Cannondale Scalpel 2011................................

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Weight weenieing finally done, 8.71 kg. (19.16 lb)

Attachments

• DSC08403.JPG
    DSC08403.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 595
And then there were 2 ! :cool:
Very nice , liking the team green and black. Now have some inspiration to get mine revised and under the 20lb barrier.

Does your DT Swiss shock have full lockout ? My Fox RP23 has Propedal but that doesn't quite stop the bob when climbing no matter how much I fiddle with it. Also I bet it shaves a fair bit of weight off in comparison. And how are those rotors ? You commented on my Scalpel build regarding them vs the KCNC and I'm considering swapping out my G3's for something a little lighter.

rear shock has lockout - 76g saving over the RockShox Monarch - it came with remote lock out fitting but I made my own lever as I did not want more clutter on the bars plus the additional weight - takes a bit of getting used to trying to locate the lever (plus cost - remote lever is £ 80+)

rotors are the 160/160 Qaxar floating, circa £ 25 - they are > 30g lighter than G3 and stop me pretty well - the alloy carrier is machined to reduce weight and seems to be quite flimsy but not issues so far.

.... so I've spent more money..... well you can't take it with you, now down to 8.67 kg. (19.07 lb)

(who can spot the difference?) :cool:

Attachments

• DSC08676.JPG
    DSC08676.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 414
Dt swiss wheelset...
Trying to find team green kit for my dale absolute nails to find out.

Also what are you doing with the other wheel set?
And what size is your seat clamp, after sourcing one depending on size all I've seen is the flash type.

Cheers

And very nice ride :mrgreen:

Back