Daughters new bike

BertR00t

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well new to her. She has been riding an FMF Junior BMX race bike that is hellishly light but she is getting a little big for it. Always tried to get her light bikes but wanted her next bike to be nice and light but also be veering more towards a mountain bike with gears but also wanted to get her something light. She is tall for an 8 year old.

This became available when a mate at work got his 11 year old a Kona Cinder Cone in a 14". It is a Scott Scale Junior 24 and the upgrades made to it are some Sinz Mini Platform Pedals which she had on her FMF, luckily I have lifted the Sinz off hers and put them on my 4 year olds GT race bike. The boy shifted to his GT this weekend as well from a Ridegeback MX14. Both bikes are below, though the Scott is the one that fits here best.

null_zps635763eb.jpg

null_zps393aede2.jpg

Like your daughters new bike. my little girl is 7 but very small still i cant wait until she is tall enough to have a first proper bike. She is not a massive fan of her pink bike (she may be a small 7 but acts like a 6 year old) My boy is 3 next week and is currently flying aroound on his ballance bike. I have been eying up one of the kids cube bikes for when he is big enough, but cant quite get my head round the £250 price tag!

I have to say I quite like them both. The scott looks like a race replica sort of thing.

The Scott is a beauty. There is a review here. Now she is getting to grips with gears she is flying. Did our usual short loop twice tonight instead of once and she was loving it.

The boys bike is a 2009 GT Pro Series Mini. Nice little bike with decent size wheels and tyres, 20x1&1/8 tyres. He is also flying but not fit for road riding when busy yet.

Cheers for the comments.

Back