On-One Pompino

N/B

Retro Guru
Intending to run this Fixed in summer, SSCX in winter.
What with the name meaning 'blowjob', I'm not a man who pays for that sort of thing, so naturally I got the wife to treat me for my birthday :LOL:
Very impressed with the overall finish of it, though I've been intending to repaint it from the outset.

8514063320_72cc2227da_b.jpg

8512953543_deb9c52f31_b.jpg

I've a small stash of bits that might be suitable for it, but tbh open to whatever comes along.
Hoping to score a decent carbon CX fork before long. No idea about wheels.

So my quest to do a 'budget build' appears to be going somewhat awry already...

CKHS_TSC_zps4b4166ad.jpg

Still, those two bits should go very nicely with the black Thomson Elite post I took off the Cannondale.

Hang on a minute!

If I remember the price they were selling Pompino frames for recently you've just doubled it value by adding 2 parts!!

:LOL:

Watching with interest! I fancied one of these for some bits I have laying about. Got to say I love the start!!!

Also watching with interest. I nearly clicked the buy button the other day on a 2012 blue frame at 99 quid. Now they're £140

I'm looking to build a SSCX. Bit worried about tyre clearance though. Have you tried a wheel in it yet? What do you think the max tyre size it would take?

These things really would be cheap at twice the price. Wife got this through the US importer (Titus) for $170 USD, which included FedEx shipping from Oregon. Bonkers.
Haven't sourced a wheelset yet, and I don't have a 120-spaced rear to test fit, but from what I've seen in this LFGSS thread and what On-One say about the tyre-clearance of their 2012 frameset, I'm assuming 'average' cross tyres will fit. Don't know what the max usable size is.

Need to find a fork so I can get a paint scheme sorted and get it prepped. If all goes to plan, it ain't staying metallic white (though the finish of this frame is actually rather brilliant).

theproudhighway":2njulq15 said:
Also watching with interest. I nearly clicked the buy button the other day on a 2012 blue frame at 99 quid. Now they're £140

I'm looking to build a SSCX. Bit worried about tyre clearance though. Have you tried a wheel in it yet? What do you think the max tyre size it would take?

I've got a 35c Ritchey tyre in my older model one, a bit close, but it runs fine. I think the newer frames have a bit more clearance.

N/B":3pfw5vn1 said:
These things really would be cheap at twice the price. Wife got this through the US importer (Titus) for $170 USD, which included FedEx shipping from Oregon. Bonkers.
Haven't sourced a wheelset yet, and I don't have a 120-spaced rear to test fit, but from what I've seen in this LFGSS thread and what On-One say about the tyre-clearance of their 2012 frameset, I'm assuming 'average' cross tyres will fit. Don't know what the max usable size is.

Need to find a fork so I can get a paint scheme sorted and get it prepped. If all goes to plan, it ain't staying metallic white (though the finish of this frame is actually rather brilliant).

Cheers for the information. I know the 2012 Pomp fork will take a bigger tyre than the 2011. Wasn't sure about the stays though.

Are you not going with an On-One fork for this build? Do you have any colours in mind for the respray?

Looking forward to this build, especially with the sneak peek of the components you've selected.

Damn fine pictures you've taken by the way.

theproudhighway":1p4doc3c said:
Are you not going with an On-One fork for this build? Do you have any colours in mind for the respray?
Looking forward to this build, especially with the sneak peek of the components you've selected.
Damn fine pictures you've taken by the way.

Cheers :) I'm not going with an On-One (or any other Steel) fork because going Carbon is a great opportunity to slash serious weight off the bike.
I'm not deluding myself that this is going to turn out to be any kind of featherweight, but any easy weight savings like that are a bonus.

Colour-wise, I'm still a bit confused. Might go all one colour, a fade, or a graphic scheme of some sort. I'm in no rush, and am gathering sources of inspiration. Got a set of road-double cranks sitting around (Suntour Superbe Comp), they're silver and would be ideal (I could even experiment with dingle-speed using them). If I stick with them, it may influence the choice of wheelset (visually).

Back