My grown up Soul ... Cotic Solaris

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've had this frame since September :oops: , I picked it up from Cy (Cotic owner) en route to the Peaks meet.

Its been built up for a while but a hectic "life" and some really rather crappy weather has seen me ride my rigid, Alfine'd Fortitude far more than any other bike.

Now the weather looks like it may be turning ( I've said it now :facepalm: ) I thought it best to make sure the Solaris was ready for riding :LOL:

So here is the most recent pics ( I really must learn to take good pics!):

IMGP2926_zps1f41d9f5.jpg

IMGP2925_zpsb32ba83a.jpg

I really enjoyed riding my Soul and I'm hoping this is just as if not better.

Its no lightweight; Flow rims, Ardents, bash guard etc but neither was my Soul and that "rode lighter" than the scales would suggest.

Will update with some pics of it muddy when I have them!

Mark

Love that blue !!!! Nice looking rig I've so far avoided the 29'r buzz but I can see me getting sucked in real soon ;)

Plus one":2loy686n said:
Love that blue !!!! Nice looking rig I've so far avoided the 29'r buzz but I can see me getting sucked in real soon ;)

Be careful ..... I've almost sold all my 26er stuff .....

I've "de decalled" as much as I can so far. May change to a black saddle and remove the fork decals.

Its never going to be stealthy with white forks but hoping to reduced how much it stands out .... which is quite a lot! :LOL:

letmetalktomark":xaga9mao said:
Plus one":xaga9mao said:
I've so far avoided the 29'r buzz but I can see me getting sucked in real soon ;)

Be careful ..... I've almost sold all my 26er stuff .....

I know the feeling, took my Five out today, felt very strange indeed :evil:

Another very nice looking build, Mark... :cool:

Just looking at that back wheel - it's very close to the back of the seat tube..

Looks nice mate, even for a bike with silly wheels :D That is easily the best colour for a Cotic, although I'm probably biased as my BFe is that colour!

I've not tried a 29er yet but they do seem to be getting more and more popular and better looking too. I think for what I enjoy best, the 26er still suits me fine.

GT-Steve":13wc3emw said:
Another very nice looking build, Mark... :cool:

Just looking at that back wheel - it's very close to the back of the seat tube..
p

I did have to take a hacksaw to the front mech :LOL:

Cheers for all the comments.

What size is this? Looks great actually looks proportionally perfect, like a bigger slimmer Bfe :cool: What size frame is that? A large? How's it fit and ride compared to the others, and say the soul? I think If I got a 29er, this is the one my heart wants! though having seen the Surly Krampus, it may have competition!

Back