Ritchey P29er Rigid (custom build)

tanneryboy

Dirt Disciple
It WAS a full suspension Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon, but that all was getting a bit stupid to keep serviced...now it's a rigid steel, with rigid carbon front end.

What was wrong with that in the first place..?

Ritchey P-29er (Large) :cool:
Niner full carbon rigid fork :shock:
Hope Hoops - Hope Pro 2 / Stans Crest with Conti X-King 2.4's (FYI : absolute bstrds to get on these rims - utter nightmare! :cry: )
Hope Race Evo X2 brakes with Matchmaker clamps
Hope Floating rotors (185/160)
Hope Eternity 27.2 seatpost
Fizik Aliante
Time Atac Titan pedals
Hope XC stem with Syncros Gain carbon bar, ESI grips, Hope GripDoctor end plugs
XTR shifters, mechs & chain
Rotor Agilis XC2 crank with 40/27 Q-Rings :shock:
Rotor 68mm BSA BB1 bottom bracket

Opinions welcome :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2,125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 2,124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 2,121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 2,122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 2,121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,123
Very Nice. P29er is the only bent downtube that get's my vote.

Liking your parts pick too, but I'd consider the silver/polished Ritchey classic parts look
BTW Appreciate if you can share your experience with the 2.4 Conti's, happy with them?

Enjoy!!

No silver for me! Black is the new black IMHO ! Saddle is going to get swapped out too for full black soon as coffers recover.

The Conti 2.4 are just incredible. I had gone for the widest tyre readily available and they were it. Fast rolling but with such a huge volume of air (29" of course as well) they soak up loads of bumps which seems to work well with up the Niner fork.

As mentioned though they both were an absolute pig to fit to the Crest rims. LBS where I've been going to for 30+ years said they never had such an issue getting tyres on rims! Got it home, took it for a couple of spins over a few days then thought I better see how tough it was with the rims (better at home than 40km from home I reasoned) jeez - I've worked in bike shops, was a mechanic for the local club on races in Europe but never had such an issue. Two broken tyre levers, skinned knuckles and a couple of refills of the swear jar and they still are not on! Tail between legs back to LBS who then set up as tubeless.

Big chat about should I have ordered Mavic rims with the Hoops, but he says no such issues with Crest on other tyres - it's got to be them.

All in all it leaves you (unnecessarily) worried out on the trail that your not going to be able to put a tube it if something goes tits up!

Very nice, got to love a nice paint fade.

Those cranks are a bit
cloud9.gif
too.

Although the rear brake hose waving along the top tube would drive me mad :oops:

No big issue really with the rear brake hose banging about, might look loose but it's pretty solid. It's just so nice to have nothing going under the BB, the wettest & muckiest part of the bike. Seems such a simple concept you wonder why everyone doesn't do it...

That's a sweet build, I love my P-650b.
But those crest rims area bit of a bugger to get the tires on & off, I'm sure they will improve as the tires stretch a bit.

Love the parts build too.............. :)

Happy riding.

Back