Klein Mantra Karma

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Well I have done it again, been donated this Klein Mantra, most of it is there and will clean up well, does anyone know what year it is, I won't be harsh and break it up, going to put this one together as you don't see many of these around. Should I go for a custom paint Job ?

Attachments

• SDC10006 [800x600].jpg
    SDC10006 [800x600].jpg
    33 KB · Views: 604
  • SDC10007 [800x600].jpg
    SDC10007 [800x600].jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 604
  • SDC10005 [800x600].jpg
    SDC10005 [800x600].jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 604
I have those Manitou forks on a GT build at the mo, and they're surprisingly good.

I have to say these are marmite bikes for me, and whilst I love marmite, i don't like these bikes, lol

still, good luck with it, interested to see what you do with it

I must admit the more I look at it, I wonder what would be the best thing to do with it, I will have a chat with the lads this weekend on our Ravenscar ride, :?

You jammy git! :LOL: how did you manage to get "donated" a Klein Mantra??!!!??

It's got to be worth building up and riding about on, even just for 1 summer?

Like you say look wise they definatly are marmite bikes but you shouldnt judge a book by its cover. They ride very well especially up hills.
Going off the rear triangle its not 98 or older and the stickering is differnt to my 2000 i had although the frame is exactly the same so i belive it will be a 99 comp

I don't know how I managed to get this bike donated, this has happened 3 times in 4 months, going round different garages assessing people for there NVQ qualification. it's surprising once you get talking to people, how little they know about bikes, if its not all singing and dancing with disc brakes people think it is a pile of junk :D The Klein is going to be rebuilt to a decent spec, one question Should I change the colour of the frame ?

slmracing":av363da9 said:
one question Should I change the colour of the frame ?

I don't think so, not unless it's current paint is beyond repair. It's a lot more work.

Back