Castellano Fango

Brad

BoTM Winner
New topic concerning a fabulous bike...

In fact I really don't know if I should classify it under the Pré 98 section or here...

As you know, the Castellano Fango is the former Ibis Ripley that was released in the 90's :cool: :cool: :cool:

But it's a Castellano, and non so common compare to the Ibis one :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
That's why, my research (without search as usual :roll: :roll: :roll: ) went for a Castellano. For a Silk Ti, I would have preferred an Ibis... but here! Think different!

In this post I'll show you my project, a Castellano Fango. This is a softail Aluminium without pivot point ...

I was impressed by the functioning of my friend Mojo Ti's Silk Titanium and I could not wait to finish it and try it.

Assembly has evolved over time but I ensure myself that it is with rollable and functional material. And you will see the full topic as I published it on the french old-school forum (Melivelo)

Here the serial number... Maybe it will help me to determine the production date ;)

Let's start with the wheels, Mavic Xmax 1 (of course, they are my fav) and Continental Race King in 2,2 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I added a Fox 100RLT with canti studs... and in superb condition.
A Chris King mango headset... For now, I started with a stem Easton MG60 in 100mm because the frame is very long ... I'll go for a Thomson later.
I finally found where to place my orange Paul brakeset :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That was it at that moment... I was waiting to find screws for the derailleur hanger, confirm the length of the stem and the bottom bracket after a first ride. Ah, do not watch the mounting of the rear wheel on this photo ... Let's say I was tired.
The plan for the rear derailleur was a Woody with long white 9.0SL shifters and a RF Orange crank...

Yeah, do spill the beans plz on those tyres. Been contemplating a Fango for a long time, but close to two dozen bikes in my possesion tells me no...

Baulz":1275t6j2 said:
Where did you find those tires?
In Germany, it's a "special" edition of the Continental Race King Supersonic in 26x2,2. I've got 4 pair of them...

kanerdog1x1":1275t6j2 said:
those tyres look awesome!
I love them too but I've surprise by the comments of few peoples who hate them :? :? :?

Ok I continue my explanations...

To that point, the bike was nearly ready for me... Just wanted a Shimano XTR M952 front mech and a BB in 73x118...

Because in the end, I decided to go for a M952 drivetrain... The crank will be the RF Orange (look more red on the pics because of the brightness but the color fit perfectly the Paul brakes). I had a 113mm bottom bracket installed in but a bit too short ... A 117/118 is necessary.

The Pedals? What's going on with them? Yeah, true. They are red, sorry!!! But it's the only type I use. I'll take care of the color later ;-) ;-) ;-)

When I seat myself on the bike, I feel very comfortable with the 100mm stem so I'll find a 100mm Thomson to match the seatpost. The handlebar in the end, is a Easton Monkey Lite XC. The flat handlebars for me... :? :? :?

The saddle will be a black Selle Italia Flite TT.

Back