Giant ATX Team DH (Rob Warner Replica)

heavyp

Retro Guru
So after many moons of wanted a Giant atx dh team, one popped up on gumtree a few emails later and a round trip today of 550ks to the middle of nowhere here in Australia we finally met.

The frame is pretty much new with a few chips here and there from storage nothing, wheels d321's laced to hope bulb hubs are a bonus and bomb proof, Hope brakes one needs bleeding and a very good pair of cherry red 2001 boxxers on it.

The other bits like the profile cranks will be going as will the sram gripshift unless someone is reading this and has one lying around ?
I have some plans for this bike that I hope will interest you as much as they do me.

Ill report back in the next few days with info after ives had a good look and something better than an iphone pic (its been a long day)

main.php

That's ace, these were so cool when they first came out.

I remember Warner and Carrick-Anderson shredding on these in the early Sprung videos.

What are the plans then?

First off ill apologise for the pics again, just had a little play with the bike and have discovered the shock is completely gone compression is smooth rebound is jittery in stages and there is oil coming out everywhere with lots of air in it by the looks of things, there are also no bushings at one end I thought they were loose but was not expecting none at all haha luckily no damage.

The read end had play I also found out but all good just needed a tighten, both brakes need bleeding one maybe even replacing which is a pain, the AV chain device is tatty and a bit bent but I think ill just get that in a vice. Apart from that everything else is fine but will probably end up getting replaced anyways.

Plans Im not to sure but I need a new shock and the Rockshox Blackbox rear shock I was going to put on my failed Haro DHR build is exactly the same size and looks pretty mean and Im pretty sure I'm one of the only people in the world to have one (and i've been told i shouldn't have it but Rockshox didn't seem to fussed when I took it to them at the worlds in 2009)
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Things I need to know from you guys are what brakes do I have here ?
main.php

main.php
[/img]

Back