Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:09 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:13 pm 
Retro Guru

Defo C2's with sport levers.

That rear shock is ace and obviously pretty special. Is not a prototype / pre-production Vivid?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:34 pm 
Retro Guru

Mindmap3 wrote:
That rear shock is ace and obviously pretty special. Is not a prototype / pre-production Vivid?

Its a rockshox blackbox pro deluxe shock the global team rode them on there Orange 222/223 bikes in the early 2000's, which went on to become a vivid as you can see it has 3 external adjustment dials which was quite rare back then. I bought it off ebay years ago.

I would love a service on it but have been told that people would not have the seals Im not very good with rear shocks im sure you could match them but I have also been told its property of Rockshox as it was a prototype and each unit cost $7500.

I did take it to the worlds in 2009 for a service but sram were to busy with riders bikes and didnt seem to mind me having it at all. Just were surprised to see one again haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 pm 
Retro Guru

Have you thought about trying one of new service centres that are cropping up? As they are not affiliated to anyone they may be more willing to service it.

Lets face it, it's only a bike shock. Someone who knows a bit about them should be able to service it for you.

Does it work ok, or does it need a service?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:28 am 
Retro Guru

Mindmap3 wrote:
Have you thought about trying one of new service centres that are cropping up? As they are not affiliated to anyone they may be more willing to service it.

Lets face it, it's only a bike shock. Someone who knows a bit about them should be able to service it for you.

Works fine but yeah its been raced on a world cup circuit and has not been used since about 2002 so would def like some new oil, I have been told its the seals that would be hard to get but surly its only a seal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:24 am 
Retro Guru

heavyp wrote:
Mindmap3 wrote:

Works fine but yeah its been raced on a world cup circuit and has not been used since about 2002 so would def like some new oil, I have been told its the seals that would be hard to get but surly its only a seal

That's what I was thinking...there can only be so many seal suppliers for this kind of thing out there. By sending it to a general suspension service place they may find that the seals from an old Van RC may fit or something. I reckon it's got to be worth a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:54 am 
Retro Guru

Mindmap3 wrote:
heavyp wrote:
Mindmap3 wrote:

That's what I was thinking...there can only be so many seal suppliers for this kind of thing out there. By sending it to a general suspension service place they may find that the seals from an old Van RC may fit or something. I reckon it's got to be worth a shot.

Yeah living so far away is hard over here in Australia there is pretty much one place there good very good as the guy is steve smiths mechanic and suspension expert on the world cup scene now but its just parts for the retro stuff its a shame these companies don't keep making after market parts, but i guess they don't want to see there forks/shocks still on bikes!?!

Its to heavy to send to england and I'd hate for it to get lost or stolen somehow. One day ill get around to it I guess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:04 am 
Dirt Disciple

Impressive bike you've got there dude :D Giant have made some fantastic bikes, as the one you've got is a prime example...

Hope you get the shock fixed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am 
Retro Guru

Chugnuts wrote:
Impressive bike you've got there dude :D Giant have made some fantastic bikes, as the one you've got is a prime example...

Hope you get the shock fixed

Cheers, yeah me to, if anyone has the info on the the Giant ATX DH TEAM from 1999/2000 im pretty sure as its after the atx one-dh id love to see it. Ive checked the archives and nothing, giants website does not go back that far, i cant remember all the numbers after this many years and ive googled so much but nothing has come up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Location: Near a tree, by a river in a hole in the ground....
The forks are 2002 Boxxers. Last of the bandbuilt ones, 01 were not cherry red

Can you do some pics of the decals please....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 am 
Retro Guru

boxxer wrote:
The forks are 2002 Boxxers. Last of the bandbuilt ones, 01 were not cherry red

Can you do some pics of the decals please....

The forks are 2001 cherry red boxxers with the due boxxer sticker and the chequered flag.

1998 were original
1999 were had the 151 sticker on them
2000 were the same red as the 1999 but had different decals a big boxxer of each side
and then these 2001/2002
2003 they changed to the big thing metal raised decals, and on the story goes.

you can check here is you want ? http://enduroforkseals.com/sitebuilderc ... boxxer.pdf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next