RITCHEY P-29er

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
So i got rid of the Raijin which was a bit to big for me and still wanted to give this 29er thing a go. Spotted this and thought that it was well worth a shot :D

Must say im converted. Theres a particular bit of trail up round the mugdock/ west highland way area which when im fit takes a fair bit of effort to get up and over yet the P-29er just sailed up it no problem at all and all this when at present i am extremely unfit! i was honestly completely amazed by this. So amazed i had to have another go a couple of days later and sure enough i was right up to the top with no problem at all. On the downs it handles superbly as well. All in all im very happy with it and i think it looks fantastic. What do you guys think?

I will be shortening the steerer and brake hoses. Still waiting on the Ritchey headset to arrive.

Frame: 19" Ritchey P-29er

Fork: SID RCT3 29er

Headset: Cheap thing till Ritchey arrives
Stem: Blue Hope
Handlebar: Easton Carbon

Brakes: Formula The Ones

Shifters: XT 10 Speed 2x10
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: XT
Derailleur Cables: XT
Cassette: XT
Chain: Sram 10 speed Hollow Pin
Cranks: RaceFace Turbine
Chainrings: RaceFace Turbine
Bottom Bracket: RaceFace
Pedals: Eggbeater SLs

Hub Skewers: DT Swiss/RockShox
Rims: DT Swiss X470
Hubs: DT Swiss 350
Tyres: Maxxis Ignitors

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: RaceFace Turbine

Attachments

• P29-1.jpg
    P29-1.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 3,586
  • P29-2.jpg
    P29-2.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 3,585
  • P29-3.jpg
    P29-3.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 3,585
  • P29-4.jpg
    P29-4.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 3,585
Sublime! A definite future classic. The best thing with 29ers is they just keep getting better as you learn what they can do. Hope to see it soon :cool:

Cheers guys. I do need to get back out on a meet though. Been by here's for months and not been getting out in ages. I like that the frame still looks small enough but this doesn't make the wheels look huge.

I like the bent down tube as well but I also saw a new breezer lightning in Evans cycles with the bent down tube and it looked quite nice.

IbocProSX":16tixm1x said:
Nice one

The only frame that gets away with the bent down tube and look cool to me.

Enjoy!!

I agree 100%

Quite lovely, and I don't even like 29'ers.

I went for the 650b option over the 29er it suits my riding style better.
Still it looks awesome sweet build too.

Conrad

Yeyyyy!!!!!! Another new school Ritchey. I got the CX and ride MTB tracks on it, I can't imagine how smooth this one can be!

Back