On One Fatty

BertR00t

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Got this on C2W as I have to ride down a lot of beach to work, honest.

Anyway, really like the geometry of this, opted for the 16" frame though I am 5 ft 9. Feels the same pedalling it on sand or road.

Changed a few bits on it. It came with Avid Elixir 1s on which I swapped for an older set of Hope Tech M4s, also swapped the rotors out for Hope units. Was having a lot of noise from the bottom bracket so was going to return that for a fresh one but have managed to land a set of RaceFace Diabolous cranks and a RaceFace external DH bottom bracket and removed the original chainguide and installed a bash next to the 32 tooth ring.

Rides fantastically and since I got it I haven't ridden anything else. :D

Sorry for crap phone pictures.

null-16.jpg

null-15.jpg

null-14.jpg

can't beleive these are only a grand, and my current cycle to work scheme ends in a few month. bollocks.

would you say that the 16" would fit someone as small as 5' 2"? I'm 5'8", but I'm thinking maybe could swing it as a dual purpose machine for her and i ;) ;)

I must profess, I really don't get the whole 'Fat Bike' thing at all, but I'm a great admirer of On-One, their bikes and their components.

I too am fortunate enough to have a commute that could involve a beach run, with sand dunes too boot - I've a feeling that a commute *ahem*play*ahem* on those dunes might help me understand ;).

Wanted one for ages just because of proximity to the beach from Lytham up to Fleetwood and the dunes round South Shore of Blackpool. Hoping to have a razz round the dunes tomorrow weather permitting. Down the flat shore is great though but I did get a bit bogged down in wet slop the other night.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Your in the right place to enjoy it sand hills at south shore ;)
Im thinking of moving back to St Annes this year, and if I do Im
defo getting a fat bike.
You Know Im :mrgreen:

Made a few changes -

Frame and Fork: On One Fatty 16"

Headset: On One Smoothie Mixer
Stem: On One 60mm
Handlebar: On One El Guapo Ancho 760mm
Grips: On One Full Bob

Brakes: Hope Tech M4
Brake Pads: Hope Sintered
Brake Hoses: Hope Black
Brake Levers: Hope Tech Levers

Shifter: SRAM XX w Hope matchmaker
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0 10 speed
Derailleur Cable: Jagwire - orange
Cassette: SRAM 10 speed 11-36
Chain: KMC 10 speed
Cranks: RaceFace Diablous
Chainring: RaceFace 32t
Chainring bolts: RaceFace
Bash Guard - Straitline
Bottom Bracket: RaceFace DH 100mm
Pedals: Superstar Nano Tech flats

Hub Skewers: Hope Fatsno
Rims: On One 80mm
Hubs: On One
Tyres: On One Floater 4"
Tubes: Schwalbe SV13f

Saddle: On One Inbred
Seatpost: On One
Seatpost Binder: On One

You'd be surprised how many say I can't justify the cost of one just to ride in the snow and sand but once they have one the fatty turns into the main bike. Fat bike wise the on one appears to be a bit of a bargain

Latest posts

Back