Stark industries Iron man Marzocchi shiver DC

Hidden Jitsu

Old School Hero
I think this is my first post on here and hope everything is right.
After years of having no bike of money.
I finally decided to do a Downhill build starting with the amazing
Marzocchi shiver DC.

I bought these a while ago and the guy failed to tell me that the internal were shot and the stanchions were abused and without fork guards and one of the crown bolt's was threaded.
So after about 8 months of waiting a set for spares or repair popped up on ebay with good internal's , fork guard , mint stanchions , and great crowns.

So i decided to do something special with them.
An Iron man themed fork.
So i stripped them down and de-greased them then i removed the bushings.

I had the forks mirror polished and anodised.
I was debating on mirror gold for the golden bits but i thought it may look
a bit cheap so i had the gold bit's bead blasted for that matt look.

Unfortunatley the black drop out's can't be anodised so i may leave them black of see it i can get a powder coater to match the colour.
Also the fork guards are going to be wrapped in carbon fibre film.

Also missing one of those black adjuster thingies and can't find a spare anywhere.

I'm also having some gold shiver decals made for them

Also i need to make a bushing press out of nylon rod , but the bushings and seals will not be here until January.

Sorry for the crappy pics but i have done my best.

A pic of the polished shiver and was very tempted to leave them like this

polishedshiver_zpsfcda959c.jpg

Shiver fully broken down

shiver3_zpsf3c63db7.jpg

Shiver pics from anodiser

shiver5_zps5117307e.jpg

shiver4_zps5ece394f.jpg

Shiver parts seperate

shiver1_zps3a32e934.jpg

shiver2_zps032952c7.jpg

Missing adjuster

shiver6_zps8cd1867b.jpg

Shiver dry built

shiver_zps0ca23d97.jpg

Hope you like the pics , make get the axle re-done red not sure yet.

Excellent work :cool: and a cool theme. Will this lead on to the rest of the bike?

kaiser":parqshv2 said:
Excellent work :cool: and a cool theme. Will this lead on to the rest of the bike?

Yes it is buddy , on a 2004 Balfa BB7 , not had any look with parts latley though.
Bought the BB7 frame and the guy failed to tell me that the shock was knackered and the pivot's and bearing's need replacing.

I was going to go with either matt black powder coat or battleship grey.
Don't like white and i don't know what other colour goes with red.
Also have a red marzocchi rocco shock to go on the frame.

Have got some nice new intense mag 30 24" rims which work amazing on the Balfa and some 3" tires.
Going to get a red headset and seat collar too.

Can't get the frame done until January though as the powder coat is £60.00 , the pivot axle's are £50.00 and the official balfa stickers are £30.00.
But i was just going to put stark industries on the frame and and iron man face as the head badge.
And make up a name for the frame.

slope":3j41z94d said:
This should be quite interesting!

Love seeing another Shiver brought back from the dead.

i was going to put RC2X internals in them but worked out far
too expensive custom top caps to be made cost £80.00 and then either a set off 888 or buy the internals around £220.00

Are there any alloy parts on the BB7? Would be nice to see them finished in the same way. Theres also a San An on here that has had a really nice chrome powder coat, not that I'm saying the chrome would or wouldn't work but that there are some really nice finishes available nowadays. A single plain colour for the frame might not do it justice.

kaiser":qvfxwozc said:
Are there any alloy parts on the BB7? Would be nice to see them finished in the same way. Theres also a San An on here that has had a really nice chrome powder coat, not that I'm saying the chrome would or wouldn't work but that there are some really nice finishes available nowadays. A single plain colour for the frame might not do it justice.

on the BB7 the rear end is steel and the front is aluminium , also the linkage plates are aluminium.

not sure on having the front endo anodised.

Latest posts

Back