I'v gone and done it again!

Bar Tape Jedi

Dirt Disciple
Just when i thought i was done for a while having just finished building next years race bike (modern carbon 'n' boring stuff stuff like that) this falls in to my lap.

2q36mmd.jpg

The frame belonged to my Boss's brother in law who had asked my boss to sell it through the shop for him. After a couple of days in work with the frame "looking" at me i'd fallen in love. I'v always had a soft spot for oranges (having owned a 222 DH bike in the past and a Zero Trials bike currently in the collection). I just had to have it.

292wnsw.jpg

In the process of building my Kinesis (see sig) iv amassed quite a collection of very nice (but not quite nice enough for the kinesis) spare parts. So i have most of the bits for the build, iv had to buy a couple of bits and there's still a few bobs left to get.

Forks will be a Rockshox Psylo U-turn

2a4pcvc.jpg

2nitlyx.jpg

Wheels will be Fulcrum red metal 5s

sccfav.jpg

Tyres will be Panaracer fire xc pro 2.1

10hkrbl.jpg

Chainset is a STX with single goldtech 34t ring

21bqfmb.jpg

Brakes are a bit of a mis match of hope old and new, but for what iv payed for them im more than happy.

wlrbs7.jpg

5f4ya8.jpg

35hehpe.jpg

A few other bits i have and a few more of the frame.

2z8p3yh.jpg

28k1xxs.jpg

28mgvbm.jpg

2vayxed.jpg

2ed4d3b.jpg

The plan is for this to be my main off road bike when its finished so non of the kit will be overly fancy as mtbing in the peaks just destroys everything very very quickly. just good dependable components.

Will try to keep this up to date as i get more and more parts together.

All that stuff is gonna build into a sex machine! Nice taste in the colour coding dept.

Funny isn't it, Orange have never done anything for me and that frame especially. Horses for courses!

Back