Serotta Ogile

dubrat

Dirt Disciple
Hey lads

Just rebuilt my Serotta Ogile so thought it was a good time to post some pics..

Specs
Xt group
SID Race Titanium forks
Syncros post and bars
Just need to sort a saddle for It to be done

4576c676d69954ce9cefb01f049c1d39.jpg

b86343266b15daf53ca8f4bd9a36d0a6.jpg

df699ab202143ec13e4cc098dd5a989f.jpg

0604c34c7df8a1e2f257c250eb6370d7.jpg

jujupunk":3owld744 said:
Never seen one before, where are they from?

All the way from New York City

Serotta is an American bicycle builder located in Saratoga Springs, New York. Named for founder Ben Serotta, the company has been making custom road and competition bicycles since the 1970s.
Serotta built frames for the Crest and 7-Eleven pro teams, although Team 7-Eleven bikes were branded as Murray and later Huffy. Serotta also built bikes for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games.

Very boutique-y, hand crafted too.

Thanks Rusty

I am actually across another pond from you in Australia...

But it is quite rare to see Serottas here as we'll especially this model as there wasn't to many made as I believe Serotta made them a custom order after 2000 and no longer had them in their catalogues...

RustyGold":k60pyzth said:
Very nice! I don't think I've ever seen a Serotta this side of the pond :)

love this :cool: the fork goes specially well with the frame

the frame deserves a better looking crankset though ;)

well there is one this side of the channel ;)

but true , that's very rare - don't think there is a handful on retrobike - it is true the make is much more in roadbikes :idea:

post on the build - the frame was bought from a fellow retrobiker in the UK

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ta&start=0

IMG_3840.jpg

My lady had nightduty Xmas Eva and slept all day Xmas so I headed off on a ride.... prob the most comfortable I have ever felt on a bike and had a blast... Brought back so many memories of my MTB racing years as a young fella out in Ipswich. anyway here are some pics the ride was 38 kms

14kms to the top of Mt Archer via the road

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

12.8kms to the bottom

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

then 11.2kms home

Picture012.jpg

anyways hope everyone had a rad Xmas

bduc61":l1nbkv3k said:

What a gorgeous steed you have there, bduc61. I must say, I'm very jealous. I love that it's sporting a element of practicality but with a hefty nod to retro - Beautiful stuff indeed.

Dubrat, I love the in action shots of your Serotta. I do like to see a bicycle enjoyed, whatsmore, enjoyed in it's natural habitat :twisted:

Back