Moots YBB 1999 Freshly refinished by me....

bwhsh8r

Retro Guru
Scroll down for the new setup, these are old pictures of the "before"

Moots Stem & Bars.
Race Face forged
Chris King Wheelset (x2, one silver set one blue set)
Blue Chris King headset
Look Fournales sz Medium. (2nd generation with bearings)
XTR M950 short cage rear derailleur
XTR break levers (like them better than the Kooka)
Paul Motolite V-Brakes
XTR 9 speed cassette
XTR m970 shifters
XTR cables.

All in all an interesting setup.

Attachments

• MOOTS.jpg
    MOOTS.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 858
  • Moots style1.jpg
    Moots style1.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 714
Re:

Bryncrug72":1zyynt36 said:
Lovely bike !

Thank you very much :) Now I'm happy with it ;)

Attachments

• mootscur.jpg
    mootscur.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 714
  • mootscur2.jpg
    mootscur2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 714
  • tryagain.jpg
    tryagain.jpg
    362 KB · Views: 712
Re: Moots YBB 1999 Please move this wrong thread. sorry.

T'boo Ted":yxxzjmaa said:
lovely bike, horrible looking fork.

Thanks :) I'm glad you like it. In defense of the forks it's my poor photography making them look bad, they're rather fantastic forks. With the Fox F100X I enjoyed the ride (they're good forks) but the bike didn't look or handle quite right due to it being designed for 80mm not 100mm of travel. The terralogic worked pretty well imo (yr 2005 forks)

I'm not sure if I like all Moots parts or Look stem w/ ec70 bars/post better. I still need the Moots seatpost to figure it out I guess.

Moved to Reader's Bikes 1998.

Nice bike :)

bwhsh8r":32bra7em said:
T'boo Ted":32bra7em said:
lovely bike, horrible looking fork.

Thanks :) I'm glad you like it. In defense of the forks it's my poor photography making them look bad, they're rather fantastic forks.

No its not the photography...
Hey it each to their own, but every time I have seen those forks (usually on the front of a GT STS), they look horrible. Some people like the look of them, me I don't think they look good on any bike ever... but thats just me... the rest of the bike is fine, actually looked much much better with the Fox, but yeah if they are too long, then there is no point keeping them.

No its not the photography...
Hey it each to their own, but every time I have seen those forks (usually on the front of a GT STS), they look horrible. Some people like the look of them, me I don't think they look good on any bike ever... but thats just me... the rest of the bike is fine, actually looked much much better with the Fox, but yeah if they are too long, then there is no point keeping them.

haha yeah they are pretty funky looking. I mostly like their handling (no flex) + I'm a cnc/carbon fiber dork since I operate a giant CNC machine and work with carbon fiber all day. I really did like the Fox forks, and I may go back at some point (sold this pair with my litespeed obed) but the fournales are rarer too. I was pretty tempted to keep the Fox and have the travel reduced but having 2 forks for one bike is impractical. Also tempted to go lefty but that's probably a pipe dream.

Do you think I should go back to the carbon fiber stem/bars and keep the post or swap the post for Moots and go all out?

& @Kaiser, thank you very much :D

Attachments

• CNC.jpg
    CNC.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 648
Back