Irish GT Lobo

jdm86gtz

Dirt Disciple
How's it going.
I bought this from a friend(Neil) last week. It's a local bike that went around the country a bit. At least 6 previous owners probably more.

I stripped it down and cleaned it up a bit. Then sent the rear end to a local fella for polishing so I should have it back by the end of the week. The front end will be getting painted in due time once I get a decal set sorted

MyLobo002.jpg

Ordered a set of new bearings from bencycle.net

I was fortunate enough that Neil tracked down the original Hope hub that wasn't with the frame when he got it.

MyLobo028.jpg

MyLobo030.jpg

MyLobo040.jpg

A Hope 4 pot front calliper not sure on the models but it has 4 individual pads

MyLobo042.jpg

Another friend has an LTS frame (anodised gold) that used to belong to the original owner of the Lobo and luckily it had the SDG Big boy on it so I swapped an Azonic saddle for it.

MyLobo052.jpg

Looked on ebay and found a used Thompson Elite seat post so I bought that.

I got 2 Boxxers with the frame. 151s and I think '03 World Cups with chrome plated stanchions

MyLobo056.jpg

Is it hard to find flatter upper crowns for these?
Googled Boxxer 151 and found this site
http://www.dnfive.co.uk/Rock-Shox-Boxxer-Decal/352.htm
So thanks to whoever got these stickers reproduced.
Azonic Shorty came with the frame and bought the Azonic World Force?? 27.5" bars from a friend. They aren't double wall so I think that's their name.

Bought an M952 shifter on ebay. I'll probably get a red Hope headset when the time comes to assemble and buy bolts from Probolt. Bought a front wheel with a Hope hub laced to Mavic D321. Not sure what hub it is but it's similar looking to the rear. I think Neil has tracked down another D321 for the rear for me.

Was bidding on a pair of M952 XTR cranks but they went too high so I bought a 2 pairs of NOS arms only from Japan and a 5 arm spider on PB not sure if I'll have the spider lock ring so I'll have to wait until they come to see. They look too good to fit in this picture. I'll hopefully sell the other pair to recoup some of the money of having stuff posted from Japan

XTR175a.jpg

Have a pair of Michelin DH tyres 2.5" and 2.2" that I had on my Jack Flash before buying DMR tyres for it

MyLobo075.jpg

That's it for now I guess. Thanks for looking.

love the lobo builds miss mine but she wasnt bein used

might be gettin an sts lobo nos

and love the ae86 behind ur bike btw

Looks sweet, I somehow managed to find a NOS sdg bigboy saddle for my Lobo on Ebay was over the moon. Will be watching this thread!

I emailed loads of companys asking them to reproduce some 151 decals, I sent them all pictures and referance materials. I heard nothing for weeks then within two days of each other 3 company's got back to me. DNfive were one of them. I love a good Lobo and will never ever sell mine! Great build!

Lobo decal set purchased, MRP World Cup chain guide purchased and a better condition M952 XTR rear mech.
What size BB axle is needed on a Lobo? I measured the shell at 73mm

Edit
Postman just delivered the rear end bearing kit and XTR 5 arm spider.

I received an XTR 116mm BB from Chain Reaction and the front wheel today.
I'm missing the 2 spacers for the hub though and it appears to be a Bulb hub so I contacted Hope about getting spacers, so fingers crossed that they can sort me out.
On the plus side it is the correct D321 rim laced to the hub. I couldn't quite make out the colour in the picture but it's a grey rim. Neil, who I bought the Lobo from, has tracked other D321s so I'll get one for the rear also.

I also have spotted a good few Lobo parts on ebay at the moment including a complete frame and fork in Germany.

Oh yeah I cleaned the saddle in work so it's black again.

Back