Intense Tazer HT...now finished (pic heavy update on page 3)

Mindmap3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've always loved the Tazer HT and FS, but never had the courage to buy one because everyone I knew who had an Intense was a little bit good. I always felt that there was an increased expectation in your riding ability of your rode an Intense. However, now I'm older, I don't really care!

I decided that it was time to buy one, however that proved easier said than done. A frame that I considered around the time I was buying my Lopes 4X bike came up for sale again, so I decided to take a punt. The bike was a risk because a previous owner had taken it to be shot blasted before being repainted. The downside was that the paint he was trying to remove was tough as hell, so they shot blasted the frame to within an inch of it's life (guess they've never heard of chemically stripping stuff :evil: ).

This heavy blast had left the frame a bit mottled, which had been made worse by the rattle can paint. Here are some pics the seller sent me and some that I took when it arrived.

IMG_0059_1_.jpg

IMG_0058_1_.jpg

IMG_0059_1_.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

I was recomended a local powdercoater who is supposed to be pretty good, so I went there and dropped it off. He thought the frame may have been on the brink, but said he would give it a go.

I collected it yesterday and unfortunately, the heavy blasting has done a fair amount of damage. He has done his best, and it has smoothed out a fair bit but it is not as good as I hoped it would be. The good news is that it didn't cost too much! Anyhow, here are some pics of it in red.

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

You can just about make out the mottled affect due to the previous heavy blasting.

I am going to rebuild it and ride it as is, whilst keeping an eye out for another frame. I have ordered new decals today but am struggling to find the headtube badge with flames on it (I can find the BMX version but not the MTB one), so any advice or help would be hugely appreciated.

I also have a pair of Shivers on the way as they look bad ass on Tazer's (cheers Tony). Just need to order the 12mm conversion for the rear bulb and 20mm conversion for the front and I should be able to get it built up soon. I'll build it once the decals arrive (thanks to Kev for pictures and dimensions), which should be sometime next week.

Cheers for reading yet another very long post!

I love these frames!! I always wanted one in black. I wouldn't let the finish worry you too much. Once you've decals, forks, the groupset you want etc etc a little rough paint will be a mere memory because you'll be blasting about on a bloody intense!!!! :D Can't wait to see it finished.

ChrisBrown81":1imgsox0 said:
I love these frames!! I always wanted one in black. I wouldn't let the finish worry you too much. Once you've decals, forks, the groupset you want etc etc a little rough paint will be a mere memory because you'll be blasting about on a bloody intense!!!! :D Can't wait to see it finished.

That's what I'm thinking. The decals are pretty big, so the majority of the rough paint will be covered up.

I am looking forward to taking it for it's first blast, although it will be a week or two.

Ah, Unfortunate someone done that specially as the Lopes was sacrified! Looks fairly good now, and probs worth more to resell. Be interesting to see if it's as good as the Lopes to ride.

reanimation":2mnoa37r said:
Ah, Unfortunate someone done that specially as the Lopes was sacrified! Looks fairly good now, and probs worth more to resell. Be interesting to see if it's as good as the Lopes to ride.

It's a bit of a bummer, but I knew it was a risk. The decals will cover up a fair chunk of the paint work so hopefully it'll look ok. It's a big improvement over the black.

I think it'll ride quite differently; the Lopes was quite slack for that type of bike but always felt very short in the top tube. Anyhow, I'll know soon hopefully.

I was struggling to find a head tube badge, the only place that had any was a BMX shop and the picture was of a sheild with Intense down the middle. I figured it would do so ordered one...turned up today and it was the one with flames, like all the MTB's have. Well chuffed.

Hopefully the decals will be here some time next week, then it'll be good to go. I spoke to the guy producing them and he was working on them yesterday, so fingers crossed it will be up and running in a week or two.

Shivers are no longer happening because they were the 100mm jobbies andbi want the 120mm ones.

slope":2v956cht said:
That red is beautiful!! :shock:

Cheers mate. It's even nicer in daylight.

Apart from the damage to the frame from a previous shot blasting, they did a really good job. Price was good too.

Back