DeKerf Singlespeed / Solitare Build...............FINISHED!!

konasexthreerider

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here is my newly purchased 1999 DeKerf Singlespeed project. Frame Number DEK1616.

20.10.12 I'm putting it together with bits and bobs to get it up and running. Once complete I'll be looking for some better parts.........plus maybe a respray? Suggestions welcome.

21.11.12 Finished..........for now!

Current build weights in at 8.9kg (19.6lbs) excluding pedals. It wasn't supposed to be a weener but it seems to have turned out that way.

17.01.13 FULLY FINISHED

Changed bars, stem, seat and levers.

FINAL spec:

Frame: DeKerf Singlespeed
Forks: Pace RC31 carbon + titanium forks (was On One)
Aheadset: Cane Creek
Stem: RaceFace Deuz XC (was polished alloy version)
Handlebars: RaceFace Carbon Next SL (was Profile carbon)
Seat: Selle Italia x-flow
Seatpost: FSA SL
Seat Collar: Salsa
Brake Levers: Paul Components Love Levers 2.5 (was M950 XTR)
V-Brakes: M950 XTR
Cranks: Kooka
Ring Front: Middleburn 32t
Ring Rear: Superstar Singlespeed Kit 16t
Chain: SRAM PC1
Wheels: Bontrager Race Lite's inc QR's
Tyres: Charge Splashback's 2.1
Tubes: Maxxis Ultra Lightweight

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,989
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,989
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,989
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,153
XTR brakes

I'm putting on a full set of M950 XTR v-brakes. F.O.C as these were in my 'bottom drawer'.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 1,935
Previous owner stated that is was a late 90s bike. What is the serial number?

Around what year did Chris started making the Solitaire Nick?

Nice bike btw. I like the colour and I hope you are keeping it this way. Any ideas on the build?

Hello, I have an orange one of these. The tubing is Reynolds 725 and it is great.

I have just overcome the lack of disc brake mounts (see my recent thread on the subject!) but using a slighly modified Quad disc brake adapter that I found new on ebay (the seller has lots for approx £15 if you are interested).

It is ideal for the Singlespeed frame as it sits on the inside of the dropout. I gave it a reasonable test run today and it is solid - I am v happy so far.

Also, fitted my PCC 27.2mm dropper seatpost with remote; have had this 'in stock' for ages but the ability to switch between a full height for most efficient pedalling and a 4 inch drop is just great.

I have two other Dekerfs which I also love but the singlespeed is the one for life!

I am running mine with 80mm Fox RLTs which are enough for most circumstances.

Enjoy your build. Also, I have a couple of white and green Dekerf team tops and some bibs which are about to be put up for sale - if you are a 40-42ish chest then let me know.

Back