Saddle: SDG Alisso
Seatpost: Superstar Inline Anodised Red
Seatpost Binder: Superstar Anodised Red

p5pb7499983.jpg

p5pb7499989.jpg

p5pb7499990.jpg

p5pb7717635.jpg

p5pb7717636-1.jpg

the 24" wheels give it a motocross bike look :) like it!
i do like these Big Hits, although my riding style (or lack thereof) would never justify one of these!

Its only a medium frame and im 6ft 4 ;)

Its got hookworms on at the present instead of the highrollers so its got an enduro motoX look now.

Will post a few pics of my 2003 Diamondback XSL's later.

Thanks guys, glad you like :D
Neil.

Looks nice painted white. I had one and loved it, it was a great bike for the price. They were pretty common in Wharncliffe because they were cheap, worked well and took a beasting.

I ran mine with Shivers and it was ace. After I had the shock Push tuned it was genuinely amazing and probably a better bike than the Demo 9 that replaced it. Only downside was the 24inch rear wheel which limited tyre choices.

I'll try and dig some pics of mine out later.

I'd have another one in a heartbeat if I did enough dh riding.

I've almost had 2 betd rear ends to make it 26" but didnt manage to get the money together in time.

I love the bighit as its pretty much bombproof like the diamondback xsl's i was running before it.

Be nice to see some pics of yours ;)

Neil.

Here's the only picture I can find of mine...

Before I swapped to a Demo 9 it had black rollors fitted, an Easton Vice stem, a Thomson post and a rasta Chris King headset. The stanchion guards were also stickered up with all the stuff on the bike for a 'factory' look. I liked it and reckoned that it worked pretty well.

p4pb495512.jpg

I think the other pics are on my old computer.

Very nice ;)

Always fancied some Shivers but never tested any out so didnt bother. Keep looking for some dorados on the cheap but seems to me that they sell for nice money.

My Bighit was identical to yours until i bathed it in caustic soda, was a right biatch to strip the ano off where the decals had been.

Ive still got the start to finish pics somewhere around but couldnt find a suitable place on here to post it up.

Have you got pics of your new steed up on here? If so linky please.

Thanks,
Neil.

The Demo 9 is long gone unfortunately. I moved south from Sheffield and it seemed overkill for the stuff around here. I then had various more sensible bikes followed by a break from cycling due to the recession and just generally falling out of love with it.

But last Christmas I decided I wanted a bike again so bought a Specialized SX Trail to use as a do everything bike. Here is a thread I started..

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207561

The paint is looking a tad tired, so I'm planning to have it repainted over the winter. Am going to go for Sid blue with white decals.

Latest posts

Back