kula project

thomas

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hey guys. Thanks to this forum i was able to obtain this absolute stunning 1998 Kona Kula Easton elite tubing. It really really mint for 14 years old. I have given it a vigorus clean and polish and rid the very few marks it had. Its original paint, so for 14 years old it mint. The project has kicked off today. But will remain a slow build due to funds and availability of parts. Its going to be XTR equiped. I already have shifters and mechs. I will keep updates coming as they happen but this could take some time. What do you guys think to it? :D

IMAG0969.jpg

IMAG0970.jpg

IMAG0972.jpg

IMAG0973.jpg

IMAG0976.jpg

IMAG0974.jpg

yes, your right. but on these forks i can change just the steerer. Hence, my add in the steerer swap thread :D . I only put the forks in temp just to get the look. On the other hand, With a shallow stem ( dh ) it would just work direct onto the headset. But i am trying to source one mate :cool:

Brilliant colour and a very good year for the Kula. I've got very happy memories of a riding buddy who had one of these a few years later. At the time I was busy riding various other Konas including my 96 Koa and my '99 Kaboom. Kona just ruled the roost around the turn of the century :D

Latest posts

Back