Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:41 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:14 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

1210tech wrote:
Very nice, I have been looking at these carbon China frames myself since a friend bought a road bike version and was impressed by the quality of it 8)

One very little gripe though, nothing to do with the frame mind, its the routing of the front brake cable, maybe move to the outside of the fork rather than the inside where it is at the moment ;)

I always run my hoses like that, I guess it may stop the hose being ripped out by branches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:17 am 
Retro Guru

stewlewis wrote:
1210tech wrote:
Very nice, I have been looking at these carbon China frames myself since a friend bought a road bike version and was impressed by the quality of it 8)

One very little gripe though, nothing to do with the frame mind, its the routing of the front brake cable, maybe move to the outside of the fork rather than the inside where it is at the moment ;)

I always run my hoses like that, I guess it may stop the hose being ripped out by branches.

hmmm, yeah, rather it got ripped out by branches than getting caught inside the wheel, of course the chances of both scenarios happening is slim but you never know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:42 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

It's just the routing used on the first bike I bought with hydro brakes, I guessed it was for a reason and followed suit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:29 pm 
Retro Guru

1210tech wrote:

I see what your saying and your not wrong, if you look you can see a protective sticker on the outside from where I've run the cable on the outside when the forks were on another frame (and funnily then people said the cable was routed wrong then too :roll:) ... However the pic is deceptive, the cable is nowhere near the wheel or tyre. I reckon it's just fine ta ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:01 pm 
Retro Guru

Alex Creasey wrote:
I see what your saying and your not wrong, if you look you can see a protective sticker on the outside from where I've run the cable on the outside when the forks were on another frame (and funnily then people said the cable was routed wrong then too :roll:) ... However the pic is deceptive, the cable is nowhere near the wheel or tyre. I reckon it's just fine ta ;)

just done some more investigation into this and it seems the way you have routed the hose is the most popular, and the way I always route the hose, down the back of the fork leg cable tied loosely around the top of the leg, the other popular way, never really thought that much about it til now :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:35 pm 
Retro Guru

1210tech wrote:
just done some more investigation into this and it seems the way you have routed the hose is the most popular, and the way I always route the hose, down the back of the fork leg cable tied loosely around the top of the leg, the other popular way, never really thought that much about it til now :lol:

All perfectly good options imho... The only prob given these are mechanical discs is the flex in the cables is only the same as v-brakes etc so the cable is more rigid than maybe with a hydraulic hose? But the more rigid cable once cable tied to the leg really doesn't flex or move at all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:29 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Stunning!! 8)

G

Post subject: carbon
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:29 pm 
Retro Guru

thats a stunning bike you have there, well done. the whole thing looks just right, the frame looks very good.

drew

Post subject: Re: carbon
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:57 pm 
Retro Guru

retroman wrote:
thats a stunning bike you have there, well done. the whole thing looks just right, the frame looks very good.

drew

+1 its just looks very trick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:48 pm 
Retro Guru

Thanks chaps... Wearing slicks at the mo for a bit of winter road riding but it's a really nice ride. Very stiff and responsive... For the money the frame cost I'm over the moon 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next