The project has started
I was going to use my just stripped down Dialled PA frame when I remembered the Global Ti softail in the attic (just happened to have one lying around!)
I've just attached a Magura HS66 lever to a Julie caliper, and the experiment seems to have worked. Needs a bleed, but we have movement.
So the components are as follows (all from the 'spares' bin)............
Frame - Global Ti Softail with Magura Rond air shock
Forks - Magura Rond 100mm
Brakes - Magura HS66/Julie hybrids - drop bar hydraulic discs
Rotors - 180/160 hope
Stem - Syncros 10* rise, 120mm reach
Bars - Salsa Woodchippers
Wheels - Hope XC hubs with Mavic rims + 17t Surly cog
Seatpost - X-lite Metal Matrix or X-lite Clickon
Saddle - Flite
Cranks - Middleburn RS2s or M-737 cranks + 34t ring
Tyres - to be decided
Tensioner - I've got a couple somewhere!
Will update soon.........
Too many bikes, not enough time!