Dekerf Solitaire 2006

HastobeKona

Old School Hero
Its is with equal amounts of joy for myself and sadness no doubt for its seller that I am the new owner of this bike (frame). Apologies for the awful picture quality.
I knocked this build together last night from bits in the garage so I could ride it today because I'm impatient. But the final build will look somethng like this;

tuning fork
DT Swiss 240s hub and 4:20 rim, XTR centre lock rotor
Formula R1 brakes
Thompson stem and seatpost
Easton EC90 flat bar
WTB seat
middleburn RS8 crank and spider, Renthal sprocket, KMC chain
DMR Vault Flatties with ti axle

Cheers

Attachments

• Brighton and Hove-20120927-01181.jpg
    Brighton and Hove-20120927-01181.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,031
Yup, tis, was, mine. How did you recognise it from this pic, Carl?
I'm on the lookout for a road bike so something had to go. The Soulcraft fits me better, and is more versatile, so this went for a dirty time in Brighton.
Enjoy it Russell!

first ride

took it out yesterday, 5 hours in the saddle and I feel fine. Ive been killing myself on inferior bikes that are also too small for me. This bike is awsome. I cant wait to get the lighter, faster wheels and lighter kit on it. Its going to fly!

Attachments

• soli1.jpg
    soli1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 910
  • soli2.jpg
    soli2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 910
Kleenex.jpg
:LOL:

nice idea, to be honest Im just going to ride it for a bit and "get to know it" . Its too easy to go out and buy lots of nice kit and have buyers remorse. What would be the advantage of VC forks over the salsa's? I also have some carbon rigid forks and dare I say it theres always suspension ... I've got middle burn cranks and thomson seat and stem going on this bike. But then I've got a merlin ti to build up too .....

Back