After a 13 year wait......Orange MsIsle

lankyman01

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
First bike post!

Always remembered my LBS first having the MsIsle back in 99, and as a kid who loved DH/DS it was my dream bike. However, my age and lack of funds meant I could never quite get there. Fast forward to now, and I have a great example of an original 99 MsIsle! Really excited to pick this up at the weekend. Not been ridden for years and years, and in great condition considering the abuse these are designed to take. Original Junior T, Hope discs and hubs, XT mechs and LX shifters. Im also pretty certain I remember seeing these awesome 2 colour paint jobs too as a kid on a select number of frames......Im sure an Orange buff can confirm that though! Photos on my webshots account!

http://sports.webshots.com/album/583433220JKxVcX

Needs a few things fettling with.....new seatpost (this one has a bend in it!), fork buffers to stop stanchions hitting the frame, have some Warner pedals to go on, new grips....but otherwise shes good to go!

Also are pics of two other project bikes.........A general 24" wheel singlespeed hack/street bike with Marzocchi Z1 Dual, and a Planet X Jack Flash Daktary, with NOS Planet X BMF rims and Manitou X Vert.

My main bike is a Specialized FSR Comp 2008, although like a fool didnt photo that one! Thanks for looking!

Andy

That paint job is pretty damn cool. It looks to be in good nick too.

The Charge is cool too....love the Z1 Deals. They were the coolest single crown fork ever as far as I was concerned when they first came out.

Back