1999 RSP 300 (853 tubed)

poweredbypies

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
What the Zinn turned into, a 1999 Raleigh RSP300. Since seeing one on here lusted after one. Whats not to like a handmade reynolds 853 frame made in England. Just the name that keeps prices low which i dont mind :) Has a lot of ugly parts that will be swapped out over time. Any way some piccys.

IMG_00000102_zps34efbe43.jpg

IMG_00000103_zps3f16a5db.jpg

IMG_00000104_zpsd1a94a34.jpg

IMG_00000105_zpsfd48112e.jpg

IMG_00000106_zps580cca7e.jpg

IMG_00000107_zpsa5d41a21.jpg

Note the ugly cranks, and whats best described as a comedy brake caliper.

once the tat is gone, that is going to be a good bike.

how many other steel full sus bikes are around (bso's excepted of course)

I've just won a similar frame (blue main frame,red back end) on t'bay, picking it up later but may take my time as I've got a few more projects on the go.
Remember reading the test of the freeride version in mbi and wanting one BAAAAD. :D

toomanyframes":3j5zcdw6 said:
I've just won a similar frame (blue main frame,red back end) on t'bay, picking it up later but may take my time as I've got a few more projects on the go.
Remember reading the test of the freeride version in mbi and wanting one BAAAAD. :D

You wont the 20" one then. This is my first try at full sus so im prolly not best judged to say they are brill or not but im loving mine. Made a few changes so far.
SAM_0077.jpg

Alivio r mech and shifters gone replaced with xtr r mech and shiny lx shifters:)

Gotta pretty up the cranks some how

SAM_0078.jpg

Stanchions are near enough mint condition not bad for 13 years old :D

SAM_0079.jpg

Very underated frame, what other 853 tubed full sus frames are out there? Especially for the kind of price you can pick these up for. This ones gonna be staying for a while unless i can get a 16" framed one, so its going too be slowly upgraded to a better level of kit.

lewis1641":j6yhxnlc said:
how many other steel full sus bikes are around (bso's excepted of course)

The sunn xchox in my signature is a steel full suss, Tange from memory.

Back