Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:13 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

MK1 build or MK2 build?
Mk1 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
Mk2 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 13
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:15 pm 
98+ BoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner

reanimation wrote:
….. Dunno why I love DMR and Kinesis so much, just a good honest innovative British brand I suppose.

Yep! You can't beat these humble frames.. they're bombproof!

Love your build :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:50 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Thank you :-) a few too many niggles annoying me on this at mo, will refine it later. Either recondition hopes and stuff or go rigid... Hmm
Still don't think I need two!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:43 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Twin Trailstars has gone a bit crazy over the last several months, Not only did I effectively buy a new skool Switchback frame, But I've also bought a racing Sidekick frame too. It just happened really and I'm quite inspired to build it up too though i need some nice short travel forks really, internal headset and a few other bits
So this thread is almost quad Trailstars now. oops.
Will most likely end up selling the NOS Trailstar as lovely as it is, recouping funds would be useful for other bits. Will make an ace perfect Trailstar for someone.

here's the 4x racing Sidekick. its still way too small for me but with 408mm chainstays, 6lb weight, and a relaxed 69 degrees head It's gonna be a lot of fun. I'm itching to build it. will either do it here or in a new thread...

8)

In other news, I'm stripping Trailstar 1 of it's technology, its going a bit more retro. Rigid forks and V's!! really excited to try it with lighter more simple bits :D It's half built, just need daylight to wash it and find some suitable tyres. dunno what tyres to put on it possibly XC tyres, or Tioga DH, or mash up, or maybe something more 1998/2000's...?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:21 pm 
Retro Guru

reanimation wrote:
Twin Trailstars has gone a bit crazy over the last several months, Not only did I effectively buy a new skool Switchback frame, But I've also bought a racing Sidekick frame too. It just happened really and I'm quite inspired to build it up too though i need some nice short travel forks really, internal headset and a few other bits
So this thread is almost quad Trailstars now. oops.
Will most likely end up selling the NOS Trailstar as lovely as it is, recouping funds would be useful for other bits. Will make an ace perfect Trailstar for someone.

here's the 4x racing Sidekick. its still way too small for me but with 408mm chainstays, 6lb weight, and a relaxed 69 degrees head It's gonna be a lot of fun. I'm itching to build it. will either do it here or in a new thread..
8)

In other news, I'm stripping Trailstar 1 of it's technology, its going a bit more retro. Rigid forks and V's!! really excited to try it with lighter more simple bits :D It's half built, just need daylight to wash it and find some suitable tyres. dunno what tyres to put on it possibly XC tyres, or Tioga DH, or mash up, or maybe something more 1998/2000's...?

Try the Charge splashback tyres! They do a 2.1 with tan wall and would look great on the MK1 IMO! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:54 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I had wondered about splashback. Wondered if the skin wall was too early and they are too new... But I've just looked and the tread looks perfect, fast rolling in the centre and knobblies outside. Ideal, perhaps not for winter but might look smart on silver classic wheels....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:21 am 
Retro Guru

Brilliant. Reckon you need some more DMR frames!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:26 am 
Retro Guru

think u need one of these also for the dmr cool factor (got a spare frame )

Attachments:
dmr.jpg
dmr.jpg [ 198.8 KiB | Viewed 395 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:33 am 
Retro Guru

Have you ridden it yet Tony?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:34 am 
Retro Guru

yep ridden and pulled a speed wheely its epic went to my mates house about a mile away not to bad a ride tbh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:37 am 
Retro Guru

Brilliant. You must have had sone right looks riding that down the street.

(Apologies for the slight high jack).

But Tony is right, one of these would be the perfect addition to the fleet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next