Back on the job!
I almost gave up for this year due to many compatibility issues and old parts. I decided to use my spare diatech brakes to get things going, I was going to use a smaller disk mount to fit the 165 hope disc but helpful friendly chap Liam1611 put me in touch with a 185 Hope disc! Thanks chap. Screwed that on and a few washers to space the mount up and I've just about got two matching ( black and white) Anchors. They need servicing though and I don't think I'll stick with em. Maybe recon the Hopes, or use the cable guides and go V's argh!
Been really busy but got chance to apply a few zip ties and shake down on my Local trails...
Can you see that pic?
Well first thing I noticed was how unfit I have become!
After that, I realised my bad back had not made a super recovery just yet too.
The low front end didn't help. Making the forks 120mm again might help there and add a little preload.
What else? It's heavy, no attempt to save weight on this, including a 500g DH inner tube up front, which is also a D321! And annoyingly has something loose in it, dinging about.
The fork axle tensioner needs renewing or re shaping to take an Allen key again. Oops. Hmm what else, it's a little short, my knees hit the bar some times, the bar at old skool 700mm now feels slim after getting used to 750's on my Bfe that surprised me! Rear end needs a tensioner or better skewer fitting.
So overall it needs a few tweaks, and a diet! it's not a fair test at all though, I seem to prefer my lighter Rhythm build but it's built better and I was fitter earlier this year!! It's the only MTB I can reach at the moment so it might get another test soon...
Dunno what to do with it next, and if I really need 2!