Yeti ASR5 Carbon

P20

Retrobike Rider
My Yeti 575 died whilst on holiday, on the 2nd day of our 2wk holiday to be precise... So after a slightly mad run around the nearest bike shops, I now have a Yeti ASR5c. :D all of the kit is off the old 575 and slightly muddy from riding around Gisburn the previous day. It was assembled on the campsite so grass, etc is not my problem!

Yeti ASR5-C by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Spec:
Yeti ASR5c medium
Fox Vanilla RLC 140
XTR 9spd
Chris Kings on Stans 355 running tubeless Nobby Nics
Thomson seatpost and stem
Temporary half king, half hope headset (shop didn't have a full king so used my existing top cup)
Race face dues cranks on king bb
Hope tech m4

It's been brilliant! Initial impression was I'm riding my old frame, size and shape were identical. The difference has been the stiffness of the frame and the reduced weight. Both of which mean it climbs better than the old 575. The stiffness is certainly noticeable during cornering, turning in much better. Downhill it doesn't feel as if it's missing out on the old 575.

It will at some point be changed to the through axle and the headset will be changed to a complete King, otherwise it's not going to change much.

I bet you're glad you took all your tools with you on holiday and I'm lovin' your 'work station' that includes a BBQ and beer ;)

nice ride too! :cool:

That little black toolbox carries enough. The shop did the headset and bb for me. I couldn't remember if I had the bb tool, turned out I did.
Wor lass was brilliant. Cooked a curry for tea and brought me ale as I fettled the bike

ovlov440":1liqkx3j said:
....and pics of the dead Yeti?

No photos of actual damage, though it just looks like it become unbonded between the the alloy and the carbon at the drive side pivot. It's been sold and on its way to someone who is going to try and repair it.

Work in progress by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Back