Ibis Bow Ti

pete_mcc

Feature Bike
BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Once in a while you just have to say "f*ck it" and just go mad on a spending spree.

Case in point:

Before.jpg

I hadn't meant to, couldn't afford to and didn't want to but there are some things that just transcend reason. I just couldn't say no now could I, in fact I said yes within seconds of it being posted up on the For Sale board.
I had two reasons, first being that I have wanted one since forever, second being I wanted a 'modern' bike.
These frames are amazing but they have one key flaw - the brakes. Due to the long stays any powerful brake will flex the hell out of them and the braking becomes noodlely. So I committed sacrilege and had a top bloke in the US take it off to Steve Potts and John Castellano for some surgery to fix that braking issue with the addition of a disc brake. At the same time I had it refinished and set about collecting the finest parts I could.

A few short months later (apparently equivalent to a day or two in Marin time) this pitched up:

66b4fb82.jpg

8df5968e.jpg

and after a bit of a disagreement regarding the rear shock I built this:

BowTi.jpg

side.jpg

frontshock.jpg

rearshock.jpg

handlebars.jpg

rearmech.jpg

frontmech.jpg

Rides like a dream, brakes on a sixpence, sprints like a...well you get the idea. 23lb of Euro-build US exotica.

Me. Happy.

Looking good, but does need some better pics. Is the fork just a tad tall?

kaiser":1x6hu6m4 said:
Looking good, but does need some better pics. Is the fork just a tad tall?

I am a bloody aweful photographer! The bike is one of the later suspension corrected frame designed for upto 80mm forks but I am using 100mm forks. Add in the sag and the low height of the DTs and it sits perfectly. I think it is more that I have taken the shots from underneath rather than on top!

Aye I think the angle and is the seat tube quite slack? Nothing wrong with adding a few mm here and there to the front I reckon.

The seat angle is slack, I think it's more marked on the smaller frames:

20090818_788170.jpg

Random small bike from the web shows the seat angle and height from forks to 'downtube'

yeah it's alright.

al.

Only joking!! It's lovely. ;)

Back