On One Scandal

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
In a bid to trim down the number of bikes I own I bought another :p A geared 29er hardtail should cover most things I'm looking for from a mountain bike, I'd a few in mind and had ordered a Cotic Solaris but the lack of stock had me looking elsewhere. The Scandal at nearly half the price was too much of a temptation, rave reviews and a geometry that ticked most of the boxes I was looking for sealed the deal.

I was prepared for the 'raw' finish, its quite industrial but I like it. Not without blemish here and there but thats all part of the look. The welds are as good as any ally frame I've seem and the tapered headtube is rather nice to behold. I'd ordered a slackset headset but it never made it with the order. Quick phonecall and all is sorted. I'll start getting some bits together over the next few days.

I'll be using some of the stuff from the Salsa and robbing bits from the Kona Unit so it'll be SRAM drivetrain, Race Face cranks and post, RF steam and a pair of Fleegles. I'll probably stretch to some new bars eventually and I'm going to order some XT brakes and a pair of Reba's. Not going to be a total weenie about this one but I will be erring on the side of sensible light. I'd be hoping to keep it under 25lbs. I've also a Hope/ DT Swiss wheelset from the Kona.
7887405606_315895491d_b.jpg

7887409480_f0444a9042_c.jpg

7887418952_609f28640b_c.jpg

7887414126_e6144f1722_c.jpg

Liking a lot.
I've secretly just built a orange Inbred 29er with on one carbon forks and wheel set. Not ridden it in anger yet but feels really good so far.

Prob get some Reba's also.

Watching with interest :D

Taz, I've an On One slackset coming to kick the front end out a bit.

Got som emore bits, Spoon was an old one given a bit of a scrub. The turbine post arrived today and a lovely bit of kit it is too, nice and easy clamping design. And I finally found a frame for the X-Lite seat clamp I've had for donkeys its bloody lovely too :D

7899648442_8553523b45_z.jpg
7899650922_3de0e87a19_z.jpg

P20":13kivmzj said:
I keep looking at these. What size is it, how tall are you?

Its an 18" and I'm 5'10. I'm normally comfortable with a top tube between 22.5" and 23" with anything from a 90- 130 mm stem for this type of bike. This top tube comes in at 23.7" but I'm wanting to run a 60-70 mm stem.

Back