Cannondale Bad Boy 2012

getin

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Bought myself a Bad boy only a basic spec but I LOVE IT just what I wanted to get some training/exercise, Very impressed with the detail/finish and very smooth hubs.
DSC04091.jpg

DSC04092.jpg

DSC04093.jpg

There great bikes, I have a 2010 model (V brakes though) and its been awesome.

If i wash mine, it still looks like new and rides silent.

My LBS has got a few of these ined up, the don't appear to be able to shift them. I'm waiting for the sale to begin then I'll pounce.

I think they look awesome.. :cool:

I done that, mine was originally £550 but I got it in April 2011 in the sale for just £399!

Evans cycles.

Paid for itself in no time due to me not wearing out expensive bikes, all it's needed was a service this month (1,500 miles without a spanner) with a new cheap cassette and chain. Oh and the replacing of the snapped seat collar (£6). It's been a cheap and reliable bike so far.

Just been for a 12 mile first ride GREAT BIKE, its got a harsh ride and the cranks feel a bit numb but that might be due to the plastic pedals, in all a nice bike for riding not for getting looks.

They are stiff, I have a well worn brooks B17 and Ergon gc2 grips on mine that help calm it.

saltyman":22me342x said:
They are stiff, I have a well worn brooks B17 and Ergon gc2 grips on mine that help calm it.

Yeah, some ergo grips and a squidgy saddle might be the first upgrades.

Nice bike, I use a badboy 700c disc every day to commute to work and have just clocked up 6500 miles on it in 30 months. Watch the through the frame gear cable though as mine snapped a year ago. I tried to carefully thread a new one, but the outer cable sheath had wore through and broke in two alsoinside the frame. I gave up in the end and took it to a bike mechanic who likes a challenge. After some head scratching and sore fingers we finally got a cable back through the frame and working rear gears again. Prefer outer cables now! I also had problems with the Matt black paint getting chipped and scuffed. Unlike a gloss finish its impossible to polish out and touch in without noticing. I solved this by getting hold of a sheet of Matt black car wrap and applied it to all tubes and forks apart from the downtube as I didnt want to cover the logo. It looks so good that until I just wrote this, I had forgotton that it had it on! Now if iget ascuff, I can just heat, peal and replace a new tube wrap. When time comes to sell, I will peel it all off to leave a frame that looks as good as new. I have also placed some black 3m reflective stickers on it for night visability. These black stickers cannot be seen in the dat, but light up bright white when caught in car headlights - fantastic, safe and so stealthy!

Back