Kona Raijin 29er

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
So some of you may have noticed this frame in the for sale section a few times over the last week. Well i decided to try and make it fit after all after initially thinking it would be too big and lo and behold it does so i am pretty damn happy about that :D Still got to chop the steerer a bit as well. Got it built up singlespeed at the moment and it will be getting a full run out at Glentress this weekend. Big thanks to MadCowKev for the wheels. So far it feels a wee bit weird, big and gangly if i'm honest but ive only been out on it for about 20 mins so i'm sure i'll get used to it.

Frame: Kona Raijin Titanium 29er

Fork: RockShox SID RCT3

Headset: Nukeproof
Stem: Sunline V1 XC Stem
Handlebar: Easton Monkeylite XC Carbon

Brakes: Formula The One

Rear Cog: 18t Titanium
Chain: SRAM PC971
Cranks: FSA Afterburner BB30
Chainrings: FSA
Chainring bolts: Middleburn
Pedals: Eggbeaters SL

Hub Skewers: DT Swiss/RockShox
Rims: DT Swiss X470
Hubs: DT Swiss 350
Tyres: Maxxis Ignitor

Saddle: WTB Ti
Seatpost: RaceFace Turbine
Seatpost Binder: Kona

Weight: Light :D

Attachments

• Raijin72.jpg
    Raijin72.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 2,330
  • Raijin62.jpg
    Raijin62.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 2,330
  • Raijin52.jpg
    Raijin52.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 2,326
  • Raijin42.jpg
    Raijin42.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 2,330
and some more

Attachments

• Raijin12.jpg
    Raijin12.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 2,319
  • Raijin22.jpg
    Raijin22.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 2,319
  • Raijin32.jpg
    Raijin32.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,319
I like that a lot, bet you love it when you get used to the big wheel experiance, mind you can let the air out that bit more on the big hoops ;)

Nice one, lovely bike.

Have you been out with mates on 26" wheels at all? In the direct comparison the benefits were very obvious to me.

FWIW I'm down to 18 Psi Front - 20 rear Psi and often a bit lower than that as tires lose a bit of air .... YMMV Note there are not many rocks in Holland and I started with 25-26 psi a while ago tgoo. But I just kept going lower and lower, getting used to the feel and adjusting my style. I even got me a low pressure pump to have some resolution in the dial between 15 and 20 Psi.

The increases in comfort and traction resulting from dropping the last few Psi are significant.

Enjoy

Looks great, love the drop out detail shot.

I've got myself a 29er frame but yet to build it up... yours looks ace!

Looks like it'll be a blast :cool: I see you've went for a lighter build rather than heavier/burlier. Was this by design or what you had?

Cheers guys :D :D

A few bits was stuff that i had lying about but the brakes, wheels and forks i had to locate and so it just kind of came together that way, I didnt go out of my way to buy light stuff but i find that a lot of my modern bikes over the years have been similarly kitted out. So Hope hubs, Mavics, Hope stem, King H/set, XT and the old Thomson post so i wanted to change that a bit. Just had it on the bathroom scales and theyre telling me its 23.5lbs. I know i could get it lighter easily but i'm happy as is. Not sure what weight a Ti 29er usually is but i think thats ok for a 20" frame with discs. My old King Kahuna in SS guise was around the 20lbs mark so i'm a wee bit off of that.

Back