carrera jabberwock 2003

m3vwg

Old School Hero
Just got this a few days ago,never seen one before and cant find much on google,magnesium frame xt gears and shifters rs duke xc forks ritchey bars stem and searpost rides lovely anyone seen one before?
photobucket-5718-1346078055188.jpg

Think trek_y has just picked one up, worth a search on here. His is garish green though.

How light is it as magnesium?

Trek_y has got a Zelos but I think they were the same frame, I also think they were from a time when Merida was supposed to be making Carrera frames ;)

jabberwock

Had a look at the green zelos and compared it with mine,very similar my rear caliper braket is different and the dropouts not sure about the top tube mines flat on the top the welds on the marida are different only thing that seems similar on all 3 is the main down tube,nice to ride so far need some wider bars and a nice saddle also narrowrr tyres maybe 2.0 the gravities are 2.3 :?

Carrera = Merida

they were indeed made by merida, the zelos and virago were both gold with a green tinted lacquer and top end models. the zelos is now a ladies full sus and the virago is a tt bike. have a look at the carrera LRS if you can find a pic (interesting rear sus waaaay ahead of its time) also the 2009 hardtails (fury, kraken etc) were merida matts frames.

Halfords employee of over 10years (unfortunately)

this was my pride and joy,prob best hardtail i had,except stinky,make sure u dont put the seatpost too high or put too much pressure on it as it will snap the frame.i took mine to my mate to weld and he used the wrong sticks and put a huge hole in it.very light frame tho

Your right about the merida connection they made the carrera magnesium frames. I once worked for them (Halfords) and we sold a few Zelos bikes, they were a decent bike and well specced. Ive still got one of the magnesium road frames and they ride really nice.

Back