Giant Team World Cup MTB

250820121676.jpg

250820121677.jpg

Deore thumbies
Altus crank/front mech
tek hub/rigida rims
zoom flat bars

rides sweet as is, but i do have a nearly full LX groupo of a similar year and some mavic wheels to add to her soon.

over the course of today i'll be fitting the LX gearing, mavic wheels with hutchinson python tyres and deore xt skewers.

i had a bike abit like this, it was my first proper bike.. was a giant team world cup replica, cost me £350 back in about 1998.

had rst 281 forks
esp 5.0 shifters and rear mech
green tyres, (but not michelin ones)

i have a picture of it somewhere if you want to see what it looked like.

matt

that'd be cool if you can upload a photo.

I've just picked up a brand new set of Sr Suntour mx600 forks in yellow for it, hopefully the steerers long enough to use them.

Unfortunately the steerer on the suntour forks is 5mm too short to use (dammit), so having to use a set of chili works 318 forks i was given awhile ago until i find a nice set for it.

I also managed to successfully get round the red route at Sherwood Pines on Monday in one piece (with the rigid forks fitted).
Was a right blast, especially on the bermed sections and those cheapo kenda tyres grip like s**t to a shovel in the mud, was gonna get rid but think I'll keep them as my mud tyres.

I'll be making a few upgrades tomorrow.

Mavic x139 on giant hubs,
LX front/rear mechs,
LX octalink crankset,
Hutchinson 'Python' tyres.

Hey! I have one of these in my garage that hasn't been used for the last 15 years. I'm thinking about doing it up - I've never fixed a bike up before so not sure where to start, I know I want to replace the suspension fork with a stiff one but haven't a clue where to start looking for one. Do you know where I should start looking/what size I would need please? It is a 19.5" frame. Thanks!

Back