any giant acid fans ? show us yours.

painter09

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
this is my daughters choice of bike wich came along as a frame only off ebay and was built to her own colour spec. the frame was originaly gold but went for powder coat in matt black with the blue added over the last few months. finaly fished off affter she robbed the blue bars out of my own stash :shock:

Attachments

• giant acid 004.JPG
    giant acid 004.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 4,170
  • giant acid 002.JPG
    giant acid 002.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 4,170
Great simple looking bike. Now, question timw. Howold is your daughter (if you domt mind me asking)? This bike looks quite dirt jump(y), is that the intended purpose?
And i assume into riding because of you? Which is great. The more people that ride any kind of bike the better in my eyes.
Simple yet nice colour choice too. My lady friend decided upon white, red and silver with NO black which has been an absolute nightmare on a cheap as possible build.

my daughter is 14 and used to enjoy riding her bmx but grew out of it so the replacement mountain bike she wanted had to be single speed with black frame and blue wheels. she found a picture of a acid and thats the frame she chose to have and build up on though it wasnt intended to look jump bike,ish but the overall finish is and the envy of a few of the lads she knows. i can imagine your friends build isnt going to be simple with no black allowed, white,red,silver. would that include nuts bolts and tyres ? if so thats going to be a build and half but imagine a full bike build without a single bit of black on it. now thats a bike i would like to see.

Need to find the pics, but I built one up as a cruiser for my Mrs ('cos she's short!) in all-black apart from a few silver bits & bobs. 9-speed and reasonably light!

Great choice on frame then. Looks like it goes into a wishbone?

Yep thats it, no black. Budget is proving problems so at a standstill really but getting the odd bit here and there in between getting my bits since she doesnt use or care for it so much any more.
Tyres are already white. Need fork change but thats the biggie on no budget! Otherwise its not too bad really.

cyfa2809":7yeu18fx said:
Any updates?
not got a pic yet with the new headset but heres one to be going on with :roll: @ them tyres :shock:

Attachments

• wheels and tyres 005.JPG
    wheels and tyres 005.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 3,793
Not bad. They would suit a white frame better though i reckon.
Dont dislike them though. Are they sweetskinz?

cyfa2809":29tk675j said:
Not bad. They would suit a white frame better though i reckon.
Dont dislike them though. Are they sweetskinz?
you know wot ? i think your right they would look better on a white frame. yep they are sweetskins, will get 5 mins this week to get some more pics with the blue headset :D

Back