Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:50 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:37 am 
Retro Guru

Edit*

Last edited by ChrisBrown81 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:25 pm 
Retro Guru

The Lobo is now on the BoTM voting page... :wink:

Just in case anyone was interested.... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:42 pm 
Retro Guru

F

Last edited by ChrisBrown81 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:36 pm 
Retro Guru

After seeing all the 'Lobo Love' that's out there would anybody else be interested in a meet, maybe in the spring, where we could share idea's, thoughts and then a bit of tame downhill riding on these 90's icons??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:03 pm 
Old School Hero

ChrisBrown81 wrote:
I saw the video that mbuk did about that review. They were talking about the Carbon Lobo. They did make some valid points about them snapping but that's why GT only made the Carbon version for one year...to be fair it was the first time anyone had dabbled in carbon for a downhill bike. They should have mentioned that if it wasn't for bikes like this we wouldn't be where we are today with modern design!!
S
I thought they made the carbon one for 2 years on two different suspension designs :?
This below is the GT i had new back in the day 1997,loved how it looked but it was a terrible bike to own i recall,amongst a lot of other things i think i had the rear shock replaced under warranty 4 times alone,lol i only rode mine casually,i remember mine wasn't the only one of the design that was in and out he shop ether,i went for a marin team DH after which was far more reliable.
Surprised there is any still knocking around as didnt the carbon/plastic frames break under heavy use ?
Was the model after mine more reliable ?
Never owned any GTs after as that one put me off for life :lol: , although i thought they looked/still look awesome .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:55 pm 
Retro Guru

The sts dh did have its faults as did the sts lobo, but both in my opinion were things of beauty and both if ridden lightly will last a long time. Weak areas were the alu/carbon joints head tubes etc. But the alu versions of the Lobo and Lts are capable of taking some serious abuse! I will never sell my Lobo, it truely is my pride and joy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:13 pm 
Old School Hero

ChrisBrown81 wrote:
The sts dh did have its faults as did the sts lobo, but both in my opinion were things of beauty and both if ridden lightly will last a long time. Weak areas were the alu/carbon joints head tubes etc. But the alu versions of the Lobo and Lts are capable of taking some serious abuse! I will never sell my Lobo, it truely is my pride and joy.

Dont blame you mate ,lovely looking things you would never get sick of looking at one would you 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 am 
Retro Guru

ChrisBrown81 wrote:
I will never sell my Lobo

Hahaha (please dont take offence)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 pm 
Retro Guru

hahaha what a great picture!!!!! Where did you find it??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:39 am 
Retro Guru

ChrisBrown81 wrote:
hahaha what a great picture!!!!! Where did you find it??

Had dad look through a few old dirts for me as i was after a certain picture, we have from issue 1 to now, also found 3 issues of rush which was mbuk's dh mag. I was going to post email you this one but ill show ya and instead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next