Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:35 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:01 am 
PoTY winner
PoTY winner

I think the black works well with the rest of the bits.
I've got mags on mine but they have odd levers so might be interested if the price is resonable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:26 am 
Old School Grand Master

Logic.Al wrote:
Matching wheels looking good there ;-)

Haha, thanks mate :)

Non-matching wheels are a bit of a bugbear of mine, so when your XC717 came along I couldn't say no!

The hubs don't match (thanks to the front one being a Maverick hub with a 24mm axle), but they're both black so that's good enough ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 am 
Old School Grand Master

onza100 wrote:
I've got mags on mine but they have odd levers so might be interested if the price is resonable.

I'd only want about £45 for the complete set, including the adaptor for the rear so it can be run on ISO mounts. The rotors aren't original though, and they'd either come with some lightweight Clarks rotors or some Formula ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:32 am 
PoTY winner
PoTY winner

It wouldn't matter about that just be nice for my 4 banger not to have odd levers. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:06 pm 
Retro Guru

Barneyballbags wrote:
onza100 wrote:

I'd only want about £45 for the complete set, including the adaptor for the rear so it can be run on ISO mounts. The rotors aren't original though, and they'd either come with some lightweight Clarks rotors or some Formula ones.

The rotors in your original page 1 pictures certainly look original, or are you keeping those?

They're identical to mine, and mine are definitely original. I bought the bike brand new, and haven't yet changed the brakes...

If your interested in keeping stock handlebars, I have the matching silver titec "hellbent" stem to match your bars kicking about somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:12 pm 
Old School Grand Master

GSB wrote:
The rotors in your original page 1 pictures certainly look original, or are you keeping those?

They're identical to mine, and mine are definitely original. I bought the bike brand new, and haven't yet changed the brakes...

If your interested in keeping stock handlebars, I have the matching silver titec "hellbent" stem to match your bars kicking about somewhere.

They've been changed since then. The bike did have the original rotors on it, but I swapped them for some nice lightweight ones (which you can just about see in the picture where the bike is filthy!).

I've since sent the Hayes ones to Logic.Al - In fact they should have popped through his letterbox today :)

Regarding the bars and stem - Thanks for the offer, but I had the original TITEC Hellbent bars and the original TITEC stem, but these have both since gone and have been replaced with the RaceFace units. I'm not going for originality on this build ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:12 pm 
Dirt Disciple

If you can only get a black Thomson stem and want a chrome one and it's the size as the one I had of you then I'll do a swap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:51 pm 
Retro Guru

I quite like the black, but then all of my bikes have got black stems and posts.

Thomson stuff is lovely whatever the colour. I was very excited to see that they are bringing out some bars and a dropper post. You know it's gonna be expensive but lovely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:27 pm 
Old School Grand Master

delihustler wrote:
If you can only get a black Thomson stem and want a chrome one and it's the size as the one I had of you then I'll do a swap

What size was that one of yours?

I think it was a 70mm wasn't it? I could be tempted if you want to sell it back to me ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:10 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Its a 50mm stem, if you find another Thomson 50mm in black i'll swap for the chrome one

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next