My 2006 Specialized Stumpjumper S-Works M5 Hardtail

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I bought this frame off the site earlier this year. However, as soon as it landed one of my mates 'had' to have it. He's rode it as a second bike for a couple of months, when I then decided I needed to have it back. Within a couple of hours it was rebuild using the parts from my Genesis.

I don't think the spec is has transferred over too badly. Probably going to change the stem for a 70mm one and longer term look to fit some Elixir's or XT brakes, but for the time being it should do the job.

IMG_2190.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

Thank you :)

Will have to weigh it. It doesn't feel too light to me, but I'm used to a sub 20lb road bike so probably isn't that bad. Would hope for 25lb ish. Some White SID's would help lower the weight and improve the looks.... :)

First ride completed this morning! Rides pretty well. Quite harsh with it being a xc race frame and geometry. Think I'll fit a longer stem to give a bit more reach. Nice though, like it :)

Just secured a set of Fox F90 forks for the Stumpy. This should lighten up the front end a little whilst also dropping the height a little. Can always up the travel to 100mm if needed but think it'll suit 90mm better. They're also Black so should suit the bike nicely.

nice bike. had one of these myself, your right they are quite harsh, its the wishbone seatstays. had the model before this one as well with the conventional stays and have to say i prefered that one. it was a bit lighter as well if i remember right. nice though.

I had a M4 Stumpy back in 2002 and it was a great all-rounder. That had the conventional seat stays. Also had a 2010 Stumpy HT, which had practically the same frame layout as this S-Works.

May look to fit a 27.2 post and see if it provides a bit more 'give' and if not see about a carbon post. Any excuse :)

IMG_0325.jpg

Babies066.jpg

Oh, also had this Stumpy M4 too...

IMG_1965.jpg

Quite like Stumpjumpers :)

Fox forks landed today and promptly fitted.

2b96f952.jpg

c5aaede3.jpg

Quick weigh in gets the bike at 25.8lbs. Little heavier than I expected, but there's quite a few parts on it that would drop the weight down.

Saddle and seatpost change now. Specialized seatpost that was fitted weighed 400g. Just ordered a Raceface RIDE seatpost that weighs 295g. Will match the bars too. Also ditching the saddle and looking for a Specialized Phenom or Riva in Black. Again should save a few grams.

Back