Steel hardtails rule (not a Cotic shock horror!)

fuzzywig

Onnnne Huuuunnnndrreeed and Eigggghhhhty
Might even get to ride it again if CRC honour the fork warranty a fix the blimmin' things :evil: 6 weeks, lots of bull and still no fork...

sanderson015.jpg

That's nice and is officially the second one that I've seen!

Ended up riding at Cannock a few weeks ago with a chap who had one in green.

What is up with the forks? I had some Marzocchi AM I's from CRC and the were really good with the warranty when the ATA cartridge kept on breaking.

Nice frame. :cool:

How much seat pin is in the frame?

al.

There's load of seat post in the frame, it's a RaceFace they're looooong!!! The photo seems to have distorted the bike a bit, coulda sworn the last time I saw it the wheels where round :)

Long story on the fork but I'm guessing CRC bargains come with strings, they don't need to be so dishonest about things though :(

Thats a very nice looking thing, but as for steel hardtails ruleing us retro riders could have told you that decades ago :LOL:

No it's a 16... Sanderson's are really long in the TT.

I was there dacades ago, there was just a period inbetween when you couldn't get a nice steel hardtail without spending a mint...

ss.jpg

One I rode earlier, and still do.

I don't mean this as inflammatory but the frame looks too small for you.

I am sure Sanderson advise that there is at least 100mm of post in the frame regardless of what the manufacturer of the seat post says.

That coupled with the stem spacers and (for a modern bike) relatively long stem makes me think an 18'' with shorter stem might have been a better fit.

On a side note how do you find those Olympic rims?

It's not too small, Sandersons are really long as I said before... Also they have the highest BB I have ever seen which means for leasurely/comfortable rides when the seat is high it does look a bit lanky... It has a 65mm stem and 20mm of spacers which isn't excessive when you consider the headtube is only 100mm long... I'm 5'10" and it feels plenty long but at the same time chuckable when the seat is lowered. My brother is 6' rides a 16" Cotic Soul (with a shorter 50mm stem), he thinks the Life feels bigger, but it's comfier on longer rides...

I like the Olympics not had a problem with them. Slightly heavier than Crests (15 grammes maybe) but I liked the deep section and the price (CRC aren't all bad)... This'll frighten you all that rear wheel weighs 747 grammes easy to remember number (I can't claim 100% accuracy for my scales but flippin light)...

Latest posts

Back