New bike Cube AMS 29er

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I can not actually believe I getting a new bike very very excited.

So after much research on what’s available and to be honest it’s a bit of a mine field looking at the array and variety of bike on sale. So really had to make my mind up what style of bike I wanted. Set out looking for an XC type bike with 100-120 of travel and ended up with a Cube AMS 29er. The feel and ride of this bike just felt right as soon I started to roll on it and the spec sheet is very nice for the price.

Big thank to Siff cycles as I ended up with a free Syncros stem on the bike as the standard one was much to long

main.php

Picking it up on Thursday next week.

http://www.cube.eu/en/29er/ams-29/

as above only heard good things. have heard 29ers can make things feel a bit muted but i think thats down to personal choice.

certainly looks the part to :)

Welcome to the Cube club :D

Have a reaction pro myself and only have good things to say, Cubes in general are allot of bike for your money.

Only one more day to wait now :)

One more sleep and taken a cheeky 1/2 day hoilday to tomorrow afternoon so I cam take it out for a proper ride :cool:

Well picked the bike up and strait out for a ride, bit of light XC to see how I gelled with the bike and immediately felt at home on it so went to Stainburn for some technical XC as it on the way home. This place eats xc bikes and spites them out so I intended to take it steady, I did have a few pedal strikes and the big chain ring got one or two scraped but that’s probably due to my bad riding technique as the BB doesn’t feel that low and Stainburn is very technical. Feeling confident on the new bike and everything was working great I has a blast down the decent line. I wasn’t intending to go as fast as I did or hit the jumps quite so enthusiastically but I did and the bike did not disappoint I was amazed by it for 120mm 29er I was more than amazed it just doesn’t feel like a big wheeled lump. I don’t know what I was expecting from it but I was just as fast down on the 29er as I was on my 160mm Marin. The 120mm is not as forgiving and you have to pick your line rather than blast through the rocks but this is a very capable fast flowing bike, it feels fantastic and glides over fast rocky terrain. The big wheels do feel and ride very different almost odd when you fist set of or turn the bars compared to a 26” wheel but I think I’m going to enjoy this bike a lot. I now need to take it out on a long ride now see how get on over 20+ miles.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :shock: :D

:cool: Brilliant, I found 29er bikes to look wierd at first but they do make sense off road, rolling over things id usually avoid etc, and a good turn of pace.

Back