1998 Trek Pro Issue DH (Only 100 ever made)

heavyp

Retro Guru
Well after years and I mean years of searching I have finally found and bought one of the only frames/bikes I have ever wanted to own!

This fellow Retro bikers for those who are not to sure what it is or have never seen one, is a Trek Pro Issue DH, back in the day Scott Sharples rode one of these on the world cup circuit (Sadly not to victory) but a close 2nd 1998 Grundig World Cup # Big Bear Lake, CA, and a couple of 3rds.

I dont really know any specs on wait and stuff but I've heard there built like tanks, I have rode one as someone was sponsored by Trek where I lived in England back in the day but never really got to inspect and feel the weight but im guessing close to 50lb built up.

One of the best things about this bike in my eyes is the two tone paint scheme.

Shes in good condition as the guy I bought it off had it sitting in the shed since 2002 as he was going to do a retro build but never got around to it.

My plan is to source as many images (and there are hardly any on the net) of scotts bike and try and build an exact replica.

so here she is

so here she is
main.php

main.php

What a beast!

What is the name of the other trek frame similar to this?

I think the back should be done 2 tone reverse as well?

Good find.
Prospective spec?

cyfa2809":335iwps7 said:
What a beast!

What is the name of the other trek frame similar to this?

I think the back should be done 2 tone reverse as well?

Good find.
Prospective spec?

No sure maybe there y series ? The back is black that was never two tone, check old vids, google images and stuff they did have one in all yellow too with just a black rear end, spec just as old school and as close to possible to Scott sharples

Re: Trek Pro Issue DH (Only 100 ever made)

heavyp said:
My plan is to source as many images (and there are hardly any on the net) of scotts bike and try and build an exact replica.

I presume you won't be cutting holes in the frame :LOL:

Attachments

• p4pb6134147.jpg
    p4pb6134147.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 6,968
Re: Trek Pro Issue DH (Only 100 ever made)

klaw71":g6h0xrdf said:
heavyp":g6h0xrdf said:

I presume you won't be cutting holes in the frame :LOL:

Funny you say that I live over here in Australia and a guy on another forum said exactly the same thing almost word for word.

The answer is no but I'll take one pretty sure there's that one in the trek hq and Scott shaples has the other, there was a pic of it last year in the rotorburn forum, as you can see that one ha a different rear end too.

Back