Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:16 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

What colour should I repaint the bike?
Baby blue 39%  39%  [ 9 ]
Lime green 61%  61%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 23
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:24 am 
Retro Guru

Can't go wrong with those hans dampfs for all mountain/trail stuff. Got them on my hardtail and they're awesome, if a bit draggy over the smoother stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:59 am 
Retro Guru

Cheers for that. I was planning on using the Trailstar version up front and a Pacesetter on the rear. Surely they can't be any more draggy than a Minion / High Roller set up?

Are you running yours tubeless?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:45 am 
Old School Hero

Love the wheel choice, look great

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:20 pm 
Retro Guru

Mindmap3 wrote:
Cheers for that. I was planning on using the Trailstar version up front and a Pacesetter on the rear. Surely they can't be any more draggy than a Minion / High Roller set up?

Are you running yours tubeless?

I had advantage rear minion front before. The front is no more draggy, but the rear definitely is, but it's a much more aggressive tyre. I've also been running the pressure a bit lower than before because of the extra sidewall protection, so that probably doesn't help. And yeah, I'm running trailstar on the front, pacestar on the rear, works really well. Not running them tubeless yet though, but it's on the list of things to do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:19 pm 
Retro Guru

It's another wheel update I'm afraid.

I finally got round to fitting the new wheels this morning which proved to be very easy. Despite being UST, the tyres went on no worries at all. I was also sad enough to weigh the old and new wheels.

Old front wheel

Old rear wheel

New front wheel

New rear wheel

Overall I'm really pleased with the new wheels. A weight saving here of 505 grams is not to be sniffed at. The Hans Dampf tyres on the way will shed another 200 grams plus whatever I save by going tubeless. These wheels are supposed to b pretty damn stuff so I should be able to have my cake and eat it...a strong but light set if wheels.

Old versus new...

All fitted

Hopefully I'll get our on it tomorrow to see what here like.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 pm 
Retro Guru

Went tubeless tonight...it went surprisingly well considering I was doing it with just a track pump! One of the tyres went on no worries and inflated, the other was slightly more awkward and was responsible for some F bombs being dropped.

With the sealant added, the Hans Dampf's run tubeless equate to a saving of 359 grams which ad it's rolling weight, shouldn't be sniffed it, they're also huge compared to the Maxxis tyres that they've replaced. Looking forward to getting out over the weekend and testing them.

Aldo, I need to follow up on my decals a d get the frame to the powder coaters for a new lick of paint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:15 pm 
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special

I have easton haven bar and its the best bar i have used. Dont get on with my pro tapers, they feel dead in comparison. Liking easton stuff at the moment, these look good.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:35 pm 
Retro Guru

Cheers Josh.

I used to be a big fan of Easton bars...I'd only use the EA70 Monkey Bar but as bars started to get wider, they didn't so I went elsewhere. I quite like the Answer bars...I'd swap to a Havoc bar if they came in white though!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:00 pm 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Baby blue for the win, I love that color.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:02 pm 
Retro Guru

That's what colour I've decided on. Just trying to sort the decals out, they're holdi t the repaint process up at the moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next