'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

ChrisR

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well the time has come. I bought the frame new back in January '99!

16" Ms Isle frame
a54efd02.jpg

939de50e.jpg

World force bars and original orange stem.
614842ad.jpg

Magura racelines and deore lx shifters
283a0126.jpg

The little details..
94550148.jpg

FSA cranks from back in the day (note the rather ruined outer chainring).
793b1422.jpg

Mavic D521 this was the bikes second set of these. Amazing what abuse they'll take!
9a945840.jpg

The only flat pedals I'll have on my own bikes.
1a07608f.jpg

So the buying of new toys has begun!

First off some disc brakes. Hope M4 monos 183mm front and 160mm rear.
f471e529.jpg

Looking forward to this - those X Vert forks were great when they first came out, a friend had some on a Spooky Metalhead and they took a right kicking. I've never got on with Orange full sus bikes (had a Patriot 66 and loathed it), but love their hardtails - my Sub Zero was one of my favourite bikes ever.

I remember those cranks to - not too foundly I must say, seem to remember them being made of cheese (we all seemed to go through loads, but kept buying them because they were cheap....false economy really).

Thanks everyone :D

The manitous were great back in 99/00 when I bought them 105mm of travel was quite alot then for a single crown fork. They will be replaced once I've found a suitable replacement.. Hopefully something 20mm axle and around 120-140mm or travel.

I'm sticking with a slightly stealth theme this time round so the black is staying! There will be accents of colour.. Hopefully in the form of some anodized bits ;)

Things are moving along nicely. Think I've found a suitable wheelset... Will keep you posted if it works out in my favour!

Back