Just wanted to share with you the fruit sof my labours over the winter. As well as building up a bike based around a 1998 Kona Stab frame for my wife, I also purchased a frame from ollyb83 on the forum as another little project for myself.
The frame was that of a 2003 Kona A full suspension single speed; something of an odity, but none the less interesting.
The build was not intended to put the bike back to the factory spec but as a fun bike for messing around on, and to date it has lived up to that. The rear shock, chainset & cranks came with the frame so being a single speed there was not much else to get.
Anyway here is the spec and I hope you like it:
· 2003 Kona A 16” from (courtesy of ollyb83)
· RST 361 DH forks (100mm travel elastomer, repainted with Kona stickers)
· Fox Vanilla RL rear shock (~80mm travel) with lockout (camn with frame)
· Cane Creek S-1 headset
· DDG CNC stem
· Avid single digit3 V brakes
· Moto X cranks (came with frame)
· E Thirteen chainset (came with frame)
· Alex ‘Adventurer’ rims
· Specialized Resolution 2.1 (front) & Panaracer Cinder 2.1 (rear) tyres - these came with the wheels that I got off eBay, total cost including postage of £12.50!
· Zoom seat post · Hell Razor bars
· Rickey grips
· Kona saddle
Have fun this summer