Just wanted to share with you some pictures of a Kona Stab I have just finished building for my wife. The build is not a restoration back to factory spec but based around a 1998 Kona Stab frame and intended as a fun bike. So hope you like it?
The spec is as follows with most items being secondhand (fleabay etc)except for the tyres and headset:
· 1998 Kona Stab 17" frame
· Sunline V Two headset
· RST Hi 5 forks (120mm travel elastomer)
· Fox Vanilla R rear shock (came with frame)
· Avid single digit 3 V brakes
· Truvativ Howitzer double chain set
· Hussefelt cranks
· Shimano STX RC rapid fire shifters
· Orange Super Cross OS bars
· Kona 50mm stem
· Yeti grips
· Shimano Deore XT rear mech (came with frame)
· 8 speed Shimano HG rear cassette
· Front mech (not currently fully fitted)
· Kona seat post
· WTB Power V saddle
· Specialized double wall Alex rims (with Specialized front hub and Shimano rear)
· Continental Mountain King 2.4 tyres
Having never attempted to build up a bke from parts before my wife and I are pleased with the results and it ended up being quite cost effective as well. So now it's off to the woods to get it dirty!
I also built up a Kona A single speed for my own use, which I'll put up as a separate post.