2000 Specialized Rockhopper FSR rebuild

White2505

Dirt Disciple
This is my bike, there are many like it but this one is mine......

I've owned this since new. We have covered many happy miles together and one or two miserable ones!

A couple of years back I had replaced the original but shot manitou magnum front forks with some rockshox tora 318's.

Then I had the opportunity to replace or rebuild the bike. I hate throwing good stuff away and we have been together for a while so I went the rebuild route.

The original frame was white with the orange specialized decals.

I had the frame stripped and powder coated and whilst not to everyone's taste I love the black.
The rear fox vanilla shock was replaced with a fox float.
The crankset is shimano SLX with XT de-raileurs and shifters.
Wheels are hope hubs with DT-swiss XR4.20 rims
The rear upper stay was replaced with a later model disc only stay.
Then Hayes HFX nines added.
Finally the original flattie pedals, an FSA headset, a Raceface stem and bar, truvative seatpost and a spare selle viper saddle I had knocking around.

looking to fit the Hayes with the straightline levers, replace the saddle and sort out some pedals and she's just about finished.

She was never going to be a skinnie whippet and tips the scales at 30lbs!
Obviously I prefer the downhill bits to the uphill bits as a result.

anyways here she is.
004.jpg

Looking good. I'd go for some red spec decals myself but can understand wanting to keep it stealthy black.

What size are those rotors, they look massive!

Cheers Stu.

I figure there's no chance or getting the original decals.
I like the stealthy black but wonder whether it would look better with a little colour to break it up.

the rotors are 203mm. Stopping is not an issue ;)

Specialized dont sell reproduction decals but try gil_m on here, he would do decent ones for you.

Looks good.

the original's covered the entire side of the frame and looked like this.
In fact this is pretty much what my original bike looked like (same colour scheme.)
So I'll end up with something custom if I do add them. Not a big deal as the bike is hardly original now!

Attachments

• 1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336fb39bb409b57f08e5c1a7ff3f180abeb.jpg
    1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336fb39bb409b57f08e5c1a7ff3f180abeb.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 4,427
Ah yes, I remember these. Those decals would be hard to reproduce! But Gil is the man for whatever custom graphics you want.

Back