1998 mystery machine scooby do content with modern/old parts

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So here goes the mystery machine i got the frame from here a couple of months back two sets of bb numbers made in Taiwan sticker near bb and a tange prestige double butted cro-mo tubing decal parts fitted are

1. mazzocchi bomber z1 (rose tinted glasses here not loving the action just the look)
2. chris king 1 1/8th aheadset in black
3. KCNC flylight blar blat stem with ti bolts 90mm
4. USE atom carbon bars
5. KCNC grips
6. XTR m960 sti shifter levers
7. trp v brakes m920 with all ti hardware (no steel here)
8. XTR m971 rear mech
9. XTR m971 front mech
10. race face carbon post
11. Salsa stainless steel bottle cage
12. red alloy bottle bolts
13. sram pg990 cassette 11-32 gold nuggett (was on offer really cheap)
14. nobby nicks but there going and im gonna fit my verdistan black panthers tubless
15.flite tt saddle (bloody hard i tell ya numb bum club)
16. now the wheels oowwww blue hope mono hubs 32 hole (nos) salsa delgado rims very nice 420 grams and bloody tuff and stiff a lot more than mavic xc 717 or x 517 rims laced 3 crossed with dt revs with blue dt nipples and red dt nipples next to the valve holes there very tight and stiff as i wanted them for full on xc raceing for this years mayhem by eek there stiff and uber light (plug plug handcraftedwheels.co.uk )
17. cranks are XTR m970as well
18. pedals are shimano 540
19. jagwire blue l3 gear cable set
20. cheapo shimano brake cable set will replace with red jagwire l3

anyway what do you think of this weirdo mix of kit i think the forks need to go there 100mm travel and iv'e got a feeling it was supposed 80mm for this frame :shock:

Attachments

• DSC_0105 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0105 (Large).JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 952
  • DSC_0106 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0106 (Large).JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 952
  • DSC_0120 (Large).JPG
    DSC_0120 (Large).JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 952
Looks good Dan....love the wheels..

If you change the forks, and you want rid of the Bombers... I've just bought a Voodoo Bizango 853 frame in orange!!!!!!!!

Have you managed to keep it under 24lbs??

:cool:

misteroo":hv16jekt said:
Looks good Dan....love the wheels..

If you change the forks, and you want rid of the Bombers... I've just bought a Voodoo Bizango 853 frame in orange!!!!!!!!

Have you managed to keep it under 24lbs??

:cool:

23lbs 4oz :D :D :D defo gonna get rid of the bombers the annoying part is i just seviced them and put new seals in and eveything :cry: will pm you shortly ;)

Dan,

If your interested I have a nice set of bombers in yellow with silver CNC brace and blue adjusters

They are Z4 lowers as they have a disc mount with Z2 internals.

Built by me and currently on my Caldera that I had at the Brandon meet.

Mine are 65mm travel and I can supply canti studs.

Let me know if your looking for a trade.

M

cheers for the offer mark but im giving up the bomber route unless there the air ones in 80mm coil oil is not the way forward failing that im temped at getting some 80mm fox forks for a bit more plushness

cannondale king":dl59l7oc said:
cheers for the offer mark but im giving up the bomber route unless there the air ones in 80mm coil oil is not the way forward failing that im temped at getting some 80mm fox forks for a bit more plushness

I do have some 70mm Z2's seen here on the front of my CK:

IMGP2261.jpg

;)

Back