My New Black Cat Custom 29er SS

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
I have always wanted a custom built bike. Not just handmade, I have owned many of those, but a bike that was made specifically for me.
I had seriously been thinking about getting one built for the past 5 years but just could not decide what builder. After attending the Handmade Bike Show in Portland 3 years ago I felt like I had narrowed it down but was still not 100% till the day my buddy brought home his Black Cat last year.
It was so amazing that I called Todd the next day and after an hour-long conversation I sent in my deposit.

I have waited a year for it and this past Thursday, my 46th birthday, it showed up at my door. I have to say that it turned out better then I expected.

It is built with a mix of OX Platinum and 853. It is Fillet brazed with one Lug at the steerer.
I built it with a mix of parts:
I9 wheelset
Magura Marta SL’s
Black Sheep layback Ti post(I love the way it follows the line of the seatpost tube)
Right now it has a WI Eno crank with a World Class Ti BB. That may change to a Sram XO Crankset with Homebrewed SS Ring and CK BB.

Anyhow, now just to ride it!

Attachments

• Black Cat 6.jpg
    Black Cat 6.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,594
  • Black Cat 4.jpg
    Black Cat 4.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 1,594
  • Black Cat 3.jpg
    Black Cat 3.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 1,594
  • Black Cat 2.jpg
    Black Cat 2.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 1,594
Very nice, loving those forks :cool:

absolutely spectacular! love it, really really nice and a nice selection of parts on it as well :D

Beautiful! Looked over a lot of Black Cat bikes after someone put me onto there dropouts, they do make a very very good looking bike :cool:

Back