Pace RC200 F8

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Just acquired this beaut :cool: been properly wanting a Pace RC200 for years, and IMO the F8s were the pinnacle of Pace's proper bikes. The RC300 was cool, but I never dug the carbon seat-tube.

Here's some pics of the build so far.......going for a red (obviously!), silver, black build, with 1 or 2 touches of gold - chainring, QRs, handlebar shim.

Yes, the wheels need a clean!

Spec so far:

Frame: Pace RC200 F8
Fork: Pace RC36 Proclass

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Hope XC
Handlebar: Answer Alulite riser

Brakes: Hope Mini
Brake Levers: Hope

Shifters: Sturmey Archer thumbshifter
Front Derailleur: Pauls Chainkeeper
Rear Derailleur: XTR M972 Shadow
Derailleur Cables: Clarks
Cassette: Sram 970
Chain: KMC
Cranks: Middleburn RS7
Crank bolts: Royce
Chainrings: Homebrewed Components Uno ring 36t
Bottom Bracket: 01.Racing sealed
Pedals: Crank Brothers Eggbeater SL

Hub Skewers: Halo Hex
Rims: Mavic 717/517
Hubs: Middleburn disc
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT
Tyres: WTB Prowler
Tubes: Hutchinson

Saddle: Flite Genuine Gel
Seatpost: Syncros 330mm 29.4
Seatpost Binder: Pace

Nice frame and nice build too :cool: :cool: :cool:

Just one bit of advice, when using the work stand always try to clamp on to the seat post. I damaged the decals on my old 200 by clamping the seat tube and you don't want to risk damage to the anodising on the frame ;)

It's only clamped very lightly on the top tube, so no danger of damaging the finish. If I have to put some welly into a bolt, I'll put it on the floor!

I just need to machine the 9spd indexing plate for the SA thumbshifter, wait for my XTR mech to arrive, along with a few pimpy red ano bits (jockey wheels, etc.) and it'll be ready to roll :D I am a bit worried that the red bolts, etc. might be overkill........hmm, we shall see.

Depends how the bolts are spread out i guess.

You should get black levers and red resivoir caps for the brakes.

You should get black levers and red resivoir caps for the brakes.

I did think about that, but I can't find the caps anywhere, and I already fitted some new silver levers to them. Going to use black grips anyway, so I think silver will be fine.

Just fitted XTR SHadow rear mech + red Token jockey wheels, and a few other red Token bolts here and there.

Looking rather nice!

Waiting on some new CB Candy 2 pedals (in red/black naturally!), and some new cable outer. A quick front brake bleed, and she'll be good to go.

Can't wait :p

Here's a few more finishing touches...

Red Token top-cap and carbon spacer:

Red/Black Candy 2s, just polished RS7 cranks, Homebrewed Components Uno ring, and Pauls Chainkeeper:

XTR M972 GS Shadow rear mech with red Token jockey wheel/gold bolt:

The whole bike - I'm hoping all the colour touches are relatively subtle ;) don't want to end up with a tart's knicker drawer!

Being quite strict with the red, black, silver & gold scheme.

I do also have a NOS X-lite metal matrix seatpost, but in 27.2. What's the thinking with RC200s and seatpost shims.....yay or nay? Don't want a broken frame on my hands.

Nay with the seatpost shim, get a correct size post and get one as long as possible to help stop seat tube flex, the F8's can go at the BB or at the weld at the top of the seat tube.

Really likin' the build, I wished I could afford some Middleburns for my 300 :cool:

Back