2011 Cove Hustler

dkdaz

Retro Guru
Right, this one started off as trip to my local Cove dealer.

went in to order a new sticker kit for my stiffee.
during conversation i asked if they had a hustler demo bike. not a serious enquiry, just thought it would be nice to have a play on.
'nah aint got one of them' came the reply. so i ordered the stickers and went.

got a phone call a week later to say the stickers had arrived, along with a demo bike. awesome!

after a weekend ride i knew i had to have one. dont get me wrong, i love my stiffee but this thing is on another level.

so we have;

2011 Cove Hustler 17.5 inch
Rock shox Sektor forks.
XT mechs and cranks. (SLX cranks in picture. these are now on the stiffee)
race face bash ring with blackspire stinger
Hope seat clamp, headset+spacers, pro 2 evo hubs
sun equalizer rims, minion tyres (both front)
thomson seat post and charge spoon seat
truvative stem, fsa bars.
hayes brakes. will be upgraded to XT or hope when funds allow!

Attachments

• P3100180.JPG
    P3100180.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 3,230
Mmmm, I just love Cove Hustlers, plenty of deals to be done on what is quite an expensive steed and so surprisingly still very rare.

I looked at a full deore build bike at Merlin a year or so ago, looked great even with the low end stuff, but jesus did I nearly slip a disc lifting it up!!!

You enjoy!, very jeleous.

Kev

cheers dude.

yeah it was expensive. frame alone was £1800. the complete bike at retail prices works out about £2k more. got a good deal on a few bits, so i think it stands me in at just over £3k.

its heavy compared to most, but not excessively. its not that much heavier than my stiffee tbh. once it gets rolling, you dont notice the weight. its still nimble, especially with the smaller frame size. it also climbs really well.

like you say though, you dont see many of them about on the trails, which is a shame.

dkdaz":2g3h5lyc said:
cheers dude.

yeah it was expensive. frame alone was £1800. the complete bike at retail prices works out about £2k more. got a good deal on a few bits, so i think it stands me in at just over £3k.

its heavy compared to most, but not excessively. its not that much heavier than my stiffee tbh. once it gets rolling, you dont notice the weight. its still nimble, especially with the smaller frame size. it also climbs really well.

like you say though, you dont see many of them about on the trails, which is a shame.

Not a shame in my eyes, I love rare bikes, ps. love your stiffee, looks mega fun!!!

My next bike will be one of these, but probably a more xc version.

Kev

thanks for your nice comments

the stiffee is an awesome bike. that gets alot more use than the hustler.

just a perfect all around bike. no matter how hard you ride, or what you throw at it, it just shrugs it off and asks 'is that all you've got!!'

again the hustler is similar, just alot more comfortable on longer rides.

the stiffee is my all around use bike, the hustler generally only comes out in the dry! but then it reminds me why i bought it :D

My pleasure....now run off and remove that blasted crud catcher..."plastic = drastic" :oops:

That bike is far too hardcore for mudguards :twisted:

Kev

yeah, my riding buddy rips it out of me about those as well. :oops:

i've just always ran a crud catcher on my bikes for years.

will remove it and post a new pic at the weekend!

updated picture. not a great one, but now without the crud catcher!!

Attachments

• P4230219.JPG
    P4230219.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 3,076
Back